Question

Honor Student
usascottwright
Message 1 of 2 (1,306 Views)

Suggestion - HP Software - Printers

I have a HP Lazer jet 2840 but my suggestion can actually be for all your software.

In the preferences, input a location where you can specify a location to.  I keep having to navigate of where I want to save my scanned file.

1. Open Files

2. Save Files

right now, I scan alot of documents and there are hundreds of temp files that don't automatically delete.  Why use space on the hard drive to make a temp file?  Leave it in memory and then ask what do you want to do with the scanned file.

Your preference tab can be improved.  You can leave the buttons on there, you click on scan document or scan photo.

Automatically just put the scanned item on the screen.  Give the option to crop the scanned document.  Because you create a temp file, you can accidentally close the document without it saying "Save / Cancel / Close" document

Also if you leave the preferences blank on where you are saving documents, it should automatically default to the location of where you last saved a document to.

Also allow multiple items to be processed at once.  I can't scan and print at the same time.

You should also have an automatic power down when not in use after 60 minutes.  Automatically comes alive then when you go to print, scan, fax etc...

Also I clicked on check spelling on this document half of it was hidden near top of the screen and I could not move it down so I can see the whole window.

Student
JJup
Message 2 of 2 (425 Views)

Re: Suggestion - HP Software - Printers

Apparently HP wants you to believe that they provide solutions.

This is obviously a myth.

There are no reply to the problems entered.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation