10-20-2011 09:18 AM
Looking to update Software and Drivers for our LaserJet 3050 MFP running on Vista32 on a pavilion dv8408us laptop. Our machine was purchased in 3/2007. The last update specific to the 3050 is dated 6/2007. Scanning is the biggest issue. Problems with the machine which have not been addressed: 1) ToolBoxFX software has USB communication problems. 2) The TWAIN driver hppscan3.exe has no provision for retaining any changes to the default B&W scanning threshold (too light) - scanning in receipts, etc. is a total pain. 3) Walk up scanning is not available with the wia imaging driver 18.104.22.168, huh. 4) PCL 6 driver shows page too complex error messages occasionally even though it doesn't seem like we're trying to print very much. The support for this machine has been very poor, as many have reported these problems and fixes are not posted. And if this all isn't enough, the Scan diagnostic utility says "No scanners installed" and the hardware diagnostic utility says "No printer to diagnose" even as the printer just printed something and the wia scanning works. How are we supposed to be enthusiastic about new HP technologies when you guys can't keep the stuff you already have running?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS