Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I was getting 2 device status alert dialog boxes. I went to the HP toolbox and disabled the BIG box that used to show up (i wanted it to only warn me when the printer stopped for whatever reason - but it wont do that even though i check the appropriate boxes.... it was still warning me every time i printed that the ink was low... and that i had so many pages left to print etc - so i ended up just disabling the whole box since it wouldnt "talk" to me the way i'd asked).....

anyways - i still have a second dialog box that appears every time that i print - to tell me that my ink is low etc... it is smaller and appears on the bottom right corner of my desktop.... it says hp on it - it has a settings button on it as well - i have clicked the appropriate boxes to indicate that i ONLY WANT ALERTS when the printer has stopped.... but alas - again - it will still tell me alerts every time that i print. . . i have also tried to suppress ALL alerts... but alas - this dialog box just will not disappear....

how can i make either of these work right or go away??? thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello allcnikki,

I would like to help you with the problem you are having with the printer alerts not saving the setting for when you want the alerts. If you could respond back with the Operating System of computer Windows or Mac and the Model of HP printer.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

windows 7 & hp 1536 dnf....

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information.

I would suggest an Uninstall and Install of the HP Laserjet M1536dnf software seeing how you have tried already to change the settings.

This HP document: Uninstalling the Printer Software will guide you through the first step. Once uninstalled I would like you to install with the HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Driver.
I hope this clears up the issue, the only sure way to get those ink alerts to clear if this does not work is to change the inks that are low.

Thanks,

JERENDS
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to the left of the reply button to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.