Question

Intern
DocumentRunr
Message 1 of 3 (252 Views)

Telephone support not needed

We have a LaserJet 3050 that has the ToolboxFX software package that has never worked and the front panel scanning button is not supported. The scan diagnostic utility says "no scanners installed" even though the USB connection is fine, at least most of the time, for printing. It's pretty good hardware. Just please post a software package for this machine that works.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (218 Views)

Re: Telephone support not needed

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?  

Please be aware that this forum is a peer to peer support forum, it is not a direct link to HP support.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Intern
DocumentRunr
Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)

Re: Telephone support not needed

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your reply. Re: ToolboxFx, My OS is Vista 32 (home premium). on a pavilion dv8408us laptop. The ToolboxFx software won't communicate with the device. See my other posts for the error messages that appear. The documentation says the scanner drivers won't allow for the panel buttons on the device to be used unless the Toolbox software is installed. Many have reported the same issue over the last 2-3 years on here. I'm wondering if there's software that's used on another HP device, say the Smart Document Scan 3.0 software, or the software for the m1319f mfp, that will work on the 3050? Also, as several have reported, the automatic driver checker on the website won't work in IE8 or IE9. This happens even after adding to the trusted sites list and temporarily disabling antivirus protection.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation