Re: There is no Deskjet 712c driver (Windows 7 64 bit) available. (344 Views)
Student
OldDeskjetGuy
Message 1 of 2 (349 Views)

There is no Deskjet 712c driver (Windows 7 64 bit) available.

I would like to know if the Deskjet 712c is still supported.  I want to use this printer on my new 64-bit Windows system, but Windows Update will only supply the Deskjet 710 driver.  I installed the 710 driver but no joy.  Should the 710 driver work for me?  If not, is there a patch available that will allow this driver to run my 712c?

There is a helpful support answer on the HP forum that walked me through the process to find and download the 710 driver, but my printer is still not responding.  Thanks for the help.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 2 (344 Views)

Re: There is no Deskjet 712c driver (Windows 7 64 bit) available.

Hi,

Based on the following link, the printer is at least 12 years old and no support from the Vista age:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=228&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=58747...

Well, probably it's time to buy a new printer.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation