Question

Honor Student
sputnick55
Message 1 of 1 (211 Views)

Trying to install M2727nf in windows 7 with full solution download: install claims Vista!

I just got a new computer running Windows 7 professional (I know, I know, but I still prefer my XP programs and want to be able to use them as long as possible!)

The printer I have is an HP M2727nf that was very finicky to set up initially and the last time we upgraded the computer too, but is a reliable workhorse once it is comfortably settled in the stable.

I downloaded the full solution software from the HP site for my 64bit Windows 7 system and installed it.  I  couldn't get the scan or fax to work on my printer and it duplexed everything, even though it SAID double-siding was off!

I should have left well enough alone.  At least it was printing ...

In trying to turn off the duplexing and get the printer to print faxes and scans I managed to screw up the printer.  I removed the device and tried reinstalling the the software.  This time I got an error that the installation failed; the program self-uninstalled (mostly) and left a text file on my desktop informing me that the problem was that my system was Vista and the install program was not compatible!!!

I cannot remove the printer device because it is not installed.  I cannot delete the few remaining files because they are in use - somewhere - and I cannot install my printer because the HP installer insists my Windows 7 system is Vista!  I cannot get support from HP because my warranty has long expired.

I hope someone is able and willing to help me.  I am at a loss to proceed.

The printer functioned perfectly well under XP and the HP site has Windows 7 downloads so it is intended to work under that OS as well.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation