Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The printing is fine, just unable to scan.

Steps I tried to solve the scanner/copy issue:

1. Run a "HP Print and Scan Doctor" to check 

2. Clicked on "Fix Scanner" to pinpoint the error 

3. Went through the steps with all green ticks, except for the driver with a "!"

4. With the result I went and download the latest driver to update the scanner and also did a system update to make sure the printer is upto date

5. After update I still receive this message from the scanner "Unable to Communicate with the Scanner" and when I press the scan /copy button on the printer only a "ding" sound occur but nothing is scanning / copying  

Note: I brought the printer 2 months ago and this is the first time which happened

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Flash1688,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are Unable to Communicate with the Scanner with your HP Officejet Pro 6830, on Windows 8.1. I am happy to help!

If you try to just make a copy with the printer, does it work? Do you see any error messages on the printer's display? Copying Documents. Also, if you lift the lid of the scanner during the copying process, do you see a light come on and the scanner bar moving?

In the meantime, please try the steps within this guide, A 'No Computer Found' Message Displays for HP Officejet 6810 and HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One ..., and let me know what happens!

Hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

“Please click the Thumbs up icon below to thank me for responding.”

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Flash1688,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I see that you are Unable to Communicate with the Scanner with your HP Officejet Pro 6830, on Windows 8.1. I am happy to help!

If you try to just make a copy with the printer, does it work? Do you see any error messages on the printer's display? Copying Documents. Also, if you lift the lid of the scanner during the copying process, do you see a light come on and the scanner bar moving?

In the meantime, please try the steps within this guide, A 'No Computer Found' Message Displays for HP Officejet 6810 and HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One ..., and let me know what happens!

Hope to hear from you soon! :generic:

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

When i try to make a copy with the printer it does not respond, only the "ding" sound to let me know i'm pressing the button to start copying button. Also when i lift the lid to scan nothing is moving, the light bar that should move to scan does not move. 

I tried the steps within the guide, after the scan doctor i still receive the same result as my previous post. 

Note: I can still print when im connect with the  network connection / USB connection, but whenever i scan / copy nothing is responding 😞  

HP Recommended

Hi Flash1688,

Thank you for your response!

I would recommend a hard reset, by going to this post, How to perform a Hard Reset, by @Rich1. It is also important to make sure that your printer's power cable is plugged directly into the wall outlet, and not a surge protector. See this article, Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector, for more information. This applies to Inkjet printers as well.

After the hard reset is completed, I would also make sure the printers firmware is up-to-date. Getting Printer Updates for HP Officejet 6810 and Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer Series.

if these two options, do not resolve your issue, then the issue is a hardware malfunction with the printer, and the printer needs to be serviced. Please call our phone support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. Country-language selector.

Best of luck! Smiley Happy

RnRMusicMan
I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.