Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Cool dude!

Its help me.

HP Recommended

plz i want to download Drivers becoz i can't print my documents from my HP deskjet F2280 all-in -one printer

HP Recommended

@affy wrote:

plz i want to download Drivers becoz i can't print my documents from my HP deskjet F2280 all-in -one printer

Please read this post then provide some details.  What operating system?

Download the drivers from HP here.

If you are running Windows 7 the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob, I have an old deskjet model 712c that works just fine however I just did a PC recovery on my Windows XP Home operating system and have now lost the drivers for this printer that a tech had installed some time ago. I have been on your suggested link "download the drivers from HP here" but everytime I enter the HP 712c and click Next nothing happens. Any help would be great. Thank you, John

HP Recommended

@kovalicky1 wrote:

Hi Bob, I have an old deskjet model 712c that works just fine however I just did a PC recovery on my Windows XP Home operating system and have now lost the drivers for this printer that a tech had installed some time ago. I have been on your suggested link "download the drivers from HP here" but everytime I enter the HP 712c and click Next nothing happens. Any help would be great. Thank you, John

The Deskjet 712c can be installed in XP as shown in this page.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

I've tried that already but just did it again. When I go to print something I get a window saying "an unknown error occurred while printing" ? Guess I need more help. Thanx

HP Recommended

Running the diagnostics at http://www.hp.com/go/tools may help resolve the issue.  Look there for the "HP Print Diagnostic Utility".

Also, are you connected with a parallel cable or do you have a USB-Parallel adapter? If you are using a USB-parallel adapter then you may need a separate driver for the adapter. 

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

I am using a cable connection. Nothing seems to be working. All I can remember is that the tech did download something since this printer was bought with a Windows 98 system and it was not compatible with Windows XP ?

HP Recommended

@kovalicky1 wrote:

I am using a cable connection. Nothing seems to be working. All I can remember is that the tech did download something since this printer was bought with a Windows 98 system and it was not compatible with Windows XP ?

The pictures on this page show the USB and parallel connection cables.  On your Deskjet 712 the printer end will be the large parallel cable connection in the bottom right of the first set of pictures.  On the computer end which cable type do you have?  The Deskjet 712 drivers are now included with XP, make sure you enable Windows Update and apply the updates.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended

Going the FTP route worked well. The link as published was 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL32564/bi-80684-6/LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution.dmg. I found the file in ../bi-80684-7/..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.