Question

Student
_DeskjetF335
Message 1 of 2 (468 Views)

Unable to complete driver software installation for HP Deskjet F300 Series

Hi,

I have had my HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One printer for years now, and it has been connected to the same computer for almost 5 years next month. Although I've experienced minor problems with it in the past, they've never been this complex. If i had to guess, because I honestly cannot place a specific date for when all of this started happening I would say it's been about a month since the printer actually worked properly. I've put off "fixing" it until really today when i needed to print something and after hours of trying I find myself STILL without a working printer. The message i get upon trying to Add a printer is: "Unable to install printer. The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers." I have absolutely no idea what that means but I've searched everywhere online for a reason why that suddenly happens after years of the printer working fine... or being "compatible" rather. I went on the support and drivers page and searched my product (which again is HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One) selected my OS in the drop down menu (Windows Vista) it only brought up the one driver software download (I don't remember off hand its exact name but it says something about Full network something or another i think?) I downloaded it and followed the instructions and had the product unplugged until prompted to plug it in. After the device is detected it installs for a while and then stops working and I cannot finish out the installation. It offers 3 choices after selecting "Help" none of which seem to actually HELP the issue. I tried running the disk that came with the printer as well but that also didn't work. I hope I explained my problem well enough to be assisted! I really don't know what else to do, and need use my printer so if anyone knows of a better driver software link for HP Deskjet F300 series printers or my HP Deskjet F335 All-in-One links specifically; Or if you have any knowledge of what I may have done wrong and are willing to help me out I would GREATLY appreciate it! Thank you to anyone who answers and can help in advance! :smileyhappy:

Grad Student
wade1027
Message 2 of 2 (430 Views)

Re: Unable to complete driver software installation for HP Deskjet F300 Series

Hi _Deskjet335,

You explained your self quite well.

I just wanted to verify which version of Windows Vista are you running?

Because of the message, "The printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks NT 4.0 drivers." I am wondering if this is a personal PC purchased from a store or a former business PC?

I am an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation