Question

Top Student
Rado_HPSC
Message 1 of 14 (8,441 Views)

Unable to configure Photosmart 7150 for Windows 8 64bit

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to configure HP Photosmart 7150 for Windows 8 64bit.

I saw a previous post, but there was no solution. After trying to download the HP Printer Install

Wizard for Windows, which according to the details should be compatible with Windows 8, I receive

a message stating that the wizzard is not compatible with the selected printer.

Is there a driver, maybe even related to a previous version of OS, that might be compatible with

Windows 8 64bit?

Thank you in advance for your help.

( I am an HP employee )

Regards

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 14 (8,431 Views)

Re: Unable to configure Photosmart 7150 for Windows 8 64bit

Hi,

As you may find stated below, I afraid the Photosmart 7150 is not compatible with Windows 8:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03168175&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=432...

You may try extracting the Vista driver and add the printer by using its INF file (extract it using Winrar or similar extract tools), then follow the Add a Printer wizard.

During the printer selection screen click Have Disk and browse to the extracted folder.

if that fails I afraid you will not be able to find any alternative.

The Vista drivers can be downloaded from here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-51090-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

Best of luck,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
pawber425
Message 3 of 14 (8,345 Views)

Thank you! This  worked for me. I ran the Vista driver ex file & Windows  8 now recognizes the 7150 printer.. Now to try & get my scanner to work with Windows 8.

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 4 of 14 (8,324 Views)

Hi,

As the Photosmart 7150 is only a printer, knowing what scanner you are using will help guiding you further in the right direction.

Please follow the following guidelines and then rephrase your question:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Scanning-Faxing-and-Copying/Want-Good-Answers-Ask-Good-Questions/td-p/7...

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
Kopo
Message 5 of 14 (8,162 Views)

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
:smileyhappy: You have saved me hours of trying to figure out the kinks with Windows 8. Excellent!
Student
mtcardigan
Message 6 of 14 (7,990 Views)

Hi Shlomi:

I too have Photosmart 7150 not working on Windows 8.  I downloaded the Vista driver as you directed below but I get confused with your next direction.

"add the printer by using its INF file (extract it using Winrar or similar extract tools), then follow the Add a Printer wizard."

I don't know anything about Winrars or INF files.  Can you please explain as if I was 3 yr old?

Thanks,

Associate Dean
Shane_R
Message 7 of 14 (7,914 Views)

An alternate method to ShlomiL's above can be found through the following link.  It's a little bit easier to follow, and doesn't require you to download a driver package for a different version of Windows.

There's no driver for my printer. Now what?

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
Student
Mindy-Printer
Message 8 of 14 (5,248 Views)

by you suggestion I connected my windows 8 to photo smart 7150. Thank you so much!
Student
Fragola1931
Message 9 of 14 (5,007 Views)

Thanks. This driver fix allowed me (with Win 8) to connect HP 7150 via wi-fi as I had done in Win 7.  Big convenience.

Honor Student
rtischer8277
Message 10 of 14 (2,780 Views)

I see all the posts that the HP driver for the HP Photosmart 7150 driver is not compatible with Windows 8.

That is not true. I had an old Dell PC which I upgraded to Windows 8 and then Windows 8.1. The HP Photosmart 7150 driver worked fine. Only after I bought a new machine with Windows 8.1 already installed did the driver not install.

I suspect the problem is that HP and the other printer companies have ccolluded to force us to buy newer printers. I had the same problem with trying to buy a new Surface. No printers would work with it. Then I discovered that Microsoft had two compatibility categories: compatible and basic compatible (basis wasn't the word they used). Anyway, what this means in corporate bull**bleep** speak is, you can't use the current driver to print highend pictures or something like that. But I just want to print ordinary stuff and I don't care what pictures look like. The newer format probably uses even more (espensive) ink.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation