Question

Honor Student
Kurt431
Message 1 of 10 (1,471 Views)

Unable to scan from networked 7210

I have an All-In-One 7210 printer (several years old) on a home network along with an HP desktop running Windows 7.  The printing functions were enabled automatically when the PC was installed (December 2010) but not the scanner.  I loaded the driver from the website (do not have a disc) and gained scanner access through the HP solutions Center however after a short period this stopped functioning.  Now I get an error message when Solution Center is invoked that the device installation is incomplete.  Scanning does not function from the PC or the 7210.  Loading the driver has been attempted several times and has not been stable. Suggestions?

Teacher
GregCo
Message 2 of 10 (1,449 Views)

Re: Unable to scan from networked 7210

here's a workaround to try...

from:  http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02661093&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&lc=en&product=391...

Perform the following steps if you are unable to scan directly from HP Solution Center in Windows Vista or Windows 7.
  1. Click the Windows icon ( ), and then click Computer .
  2. Double-click Local Disc (C:smileyhappy: .
  3. Double-click Program Files .
  4. Double-click HP .
  5. Double-click Digital Imaging .
  6. Double-click Bin .
  7. Locate and double-click one of the following files. You will only have one to choose from.
  • Hpiscnapp.exe
  • Hpqscnvw.exe
This will launch the HP Scan application.
  • Select New Scan , and then change any desired settings to the scan.
  • Click Accept to save the scan to the desired location.
  • Follow these steps if you need to save the scan as another file type, such as a .PDF:
    1. Right-click the recently saved file to open it in another application, such as Microsoft Word.
    2. Save the new scan as the desired file type.
- Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
Kurt431
Message 3 of 10 (1,439 Views)

I attempted the Windows Fax & Scan as recommended however the scanner function of the 7210 is not being recognized by the PC.  Any other suggestions?

Teacher
GregCo
Message 4 of 10 (1,437 Views)

another idea:

when you run this scan diagnostic utility found here , what does it indicate?

Honor Student
Kurt431
Message 5 of 10 (1,434 Views)

It replies with "No scanners installed."

Teacher
GregCo
Message 6 of 10 (1,427 Views)

that result points to a problem with the current sw installation or with the wireless connection...

since you can print,  it would be good to install the full solution software available here

Top Student
StolenName
Message 7 of 10 (1,423 Views)

Great!  Clicking on 'here' above opens a page that says unexpected error occurred.

Honor Student
Kurt431
Message 8 of 10 (1,420 Views)

I also get "an unexpected error occurred."  However, I have installed the full software as I described in my initial post.  It worked for a while and then quit.  By the way, reinstalling that software was extremely difficult as it identified remnants of the previous install and aborted.  Only after repeated attempts would it reinstall.

Teacher
GregCo
Message 9 of 10 (1,412 Views)

sorry for the bad link.

the Scan Diagnostic Utilty is partway down the page at

www.hp.com/go/tools

Honor Student
oscarbullfrog
Message 10 of 10 (1,197 Views)

The HP Print and Scan Doctor, HP's next generation diagnostic tool, completely replaces these three previous generation diagnostic tools: Lo & Behold!! SOMEthing finally DID work! KUDOS! (if i can still click it) "the Scan Diagnostic Utilty is partway down the page at www.hp.com/go/tools " it found that i needed soem sort of patch ... Good on GregCo ! vista 64, haywired newtwork.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation