Re: Unable to setup Black & White as default printing option with HP451nw Windows 7 driver (484 Views)
cvp Honor Student
Honor Student
cvp
Message 1 of 2 (530 Views)

Unable to setup Black & White as default printing option with HP451nw Windows 7 driver

Hi,

I have just gone through and setup/configured my new HP M451nw device and am loving it.

To conserve colour toner somewhat I am trying to configure default printing options to print in Black & White within the Color option but each time I do this even after Applying, it reverts back to Color.

I have done this through both the Advanced | Printing Defaults and also General | Preferences areas within the printer driver.

I have done this type of change for many of my customers without any issue until now.

I am running Windows 7 32bit and the driver which came with the unitis  [HP LJ300-400 color M351-M451 PCL6 (61.113.4.10292] or the driver file is listed as [HPCM3516.GDP 5.6.2011]

Hopefully someone can help me out with this one.

cvp Honor Student
Honor Student
cvp
Message 2 of 2 (484 Views)

Re: Unable to setup Black & White as default printing option with HP451nw Windows 7 driver

Have just received a HP update notification for a firmware update for the printer.

Installed the firmware and have been able to make the 'Print in Greyscale' option stay after applying.

Thanks HP - for the not so direct answer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation