01-10-2013 02:08 AM
I have just gone through and setup/configured my new HP M451nw device and am loving it.
To conserve colour toner somewhat I am trying to configure default printing options to print in Black & White within the Color option but each time I do this even after Applying, it reverts back to Color.
I have done this through both the Advanced | Printing Defaults and also General | Preferences areas within the printer driver.
I have done this type of change for many of my customers without any issue until now.
I am running Windows 7 32bit and the driver which came with the unitis [HP LJ300-400 color M351-M451 PCL6 (126.96.36.19992] or the driver file is listed as [HPCM3516.GDP 5.6.2011]
Hopefully someone can help me out with this one.
01-17-2013 11:40 PM
Have just received a HP update notification for a firmware update for the printer.
Installed the firmware and have been able to make the 'Print in Greyscale' option stay after applying.
Thanks HP - for the not so direct answer.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS