Question

Student
JRausRheine
Message 1 of 6 (180 Views)

Unable to update firmware Officejet Pro 8600 N911g - Original Version neuer als aktuelle Version!?

[ Edited ]

Hallo,

ich habe einen OfficeJet Pro 8600 N911g  (ca. 1 Jahr alt), bei dem ich ein Firmwareupdate durchführen wollte.

Das Update :

Veröffentlicht:
2014-07-18

Dateiname:

Version
CLP1CN1322CR

Komisch ist das die Firmware  Version von meinen Drucker augenscheinlich schon neuer ist und folgende Version hat:
CLIP1CN1416AR

Ist da ein Zahlendreher schuld?

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 2 of 6 (128 Views)

Re: Unable to update firmware Officejet Pro 8600 N911g - Original Version neuer als aktuelle Version

Hi, JRausRheine,

Welcome to the English HP Consumer Forums!

If you prefer to post your question in your preferred language, German: HP Kundenforum http://h30492.www3.hp.com/

Alternatively, please feel free to post a revised message in English.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
ThisNameWasFree
Message 3 of 6 (91 Views)

Re: Unable to update firmware Officejet Pro 8600 N911g - Original Version neuer als aktuelle Version

I have exactly the same issue: my 8600 N911g is at FW CKP1CN1416AR, HP offers  Version CLP1CN1322CR as of 2014-07-18, which clearly seems to be older than the one i already have (1322 < 1416). Question now is: how did this brand new version get onto my printer without me having done a FW upgrade manually? Does this printer automatically update its Firmware via the Online Update function?

HP Support Agent
Waterboy71
Message 4 of 6 (85 Views)

Hello ThisNameWasFree,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

Here is a link that explains the process of Getting the Latest Firmware and Product Updates.

If you don't have any luck this way, please respond with which Operating System you are running.
Which Windows Operating System am I running?
Mac OS X: How Do I Find Which Mac OS X Version Is on My Computer?

Thanks for your time.

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
ThisNameWasFree
Message 5 of 6 (81 Views)

[ Edited ]

Believe me: i did not just rush to the keyboard to tell the world of my buggy printer. For the last 12 hours, I did not much else than browsing the web for others having had the same problem and maybe already found a solution. I already followed all those steps including a hardware reset, follow the document explaining how to remove jammed paper, clean the printer and what else. And yes, i also have read and (tried to) perform a manual upgrade. The printer itself is convinced that it's at the latest revision, which of course is true if the versioning scheme of your FW upgrade packages implies that a 1416 version (on my printer) is more recent than a 1322 on the web. My question is: how can it be that my printer runs with a FW that is newer than HP's latest FW offering from July 18th (which is only 3 weeks ago!!!)? Is this due to the printer having done an automagic update?

Btw, i'm running Win7 64bit.

Student
Steve_Messinger
Message 6 of 6 (42 Views)

ThisNameWasFree wrote:

..... The printer itself is convinced that it's at the latest revision, which of course is true if the versioning scheme of your FW upgrade packages implies that a 1416 version (on my printer) is more recent than a 1322 on the web. My question is: how can it be that my printer runs with a FW that is newer than HP's latest FW offering from July 18th (which is only 3 weeks ago!!!)? Is this due to the printer having done an automagic update?

I'm in the same situation.  My OJ8600 started having trouble with Scan to Email, so I wanted to attempt a firmware upgrade.  As for you, my printer has a newer fw version (1416AR) than the current released version (1322CR), so it apparently refuses to allow installing the 1322CR version.   To me, this says that they probably released newer firmware but then found a problem and rolled back to the older version.  Maybe someday they will release a newer one that we actually can install.  It would be nice to have an explanation from HP about this.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation