Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I follwed the solution to uninstall HP PCL6 driver in Windows 7 Home Premium using the remove button in printer properties which displayed the message "unable to remove driver, printer is in use.  The printer is not set as the default printer and the printer is disconnected from the PC.  Microsoft Office Suite 2013 is installed.  No documents are pending in the printer queue.

How do I determine where the printer is in use and change the in use status?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi ndort, Thanks for letting me know that worked for you. {Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Please consider marking the post Message that resolved the issue as "Accept as Solution" so that anybody else in the HP community who may experience the same or similar issue will know what to do.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @ndort ,

I understand that you are having issues trying to remove the PCL 6 driver from the computer.
I can help you.

Click Start (), type services.msc in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.

Double click on Print Spooler in the list.

Click on Stop and then Start.

Close that window and restart the computer.

Try now to remove the Universal Printing PCL 6 driver.

From Devices and Printers, click once on any icon listed and select printer server properties across the top of the screen, click on the drivers tab.
Select HP Universal Printing PCL 6, then click remove, on the pop-up dialog, select Remove driver and driver package, click OK, click Yes on the pop-up confirmation message.

What is the full name and product number of your printer? How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you.  Your instructions worked perfectly.

HP Recommended

Hi ndort, Thanks for letting me know that worked for you. {Happy Dance :smileyvery-happy:}

Please consider marking the post Message that resolved the issue as "Accept as Solution" so that anybody else in the HP community who may experience the same or similar issue will know what to do.

Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.