Question

Honor Student
michaelroder
Message 1 of 2 (2,787 Views)

Uninstall for HP Solution Center

I have 4 networked computers and a Ethernet networked HP Officejet Pro 8500 A909g printer. 

1. HP Pavilion dv6-2150USnotebook running Win7 Home Premium
  2. Asus Eee PC netbook running Win7 Home Starter
  3. Dell Inspiron 8200 running WinXP
  4. Dell Inspiron 580 running Win7 Home Premium

In trying to scan, I have installed various versions of HP Solution Center on all of them.  At the current time, I cannot print or scan from 1 which is my main computer.  Reinstall of HP Solution Center fails.  Even if I reconnect my USB HP 5510, I cannot scan!

I can scan only from 2.  HP Solution Center fails to run from all of the others.   HP overseas Technical help has failed to provide answers other than reload the system. 

Norton and McAfee have programs which do a very good job on all versions of their software.  Does anyone know if there is such a program for the HP Solution Center? 

Being a HP, my 1 computer has so many HP programs, I apparently have not uninstalled all pertaining to HP Solution Center since it now fails to install after following the uninstall instructions from HP.  Does anyone have a list of programs used by HP Solution Center?  I could try a manual registry cleanup.

If I get a good uninstall, what is the stable versions for HP Solution Center for Win7 and WinXP?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Honor Student
edencoles
Message 2 of 2 (2,489 Views)

Re: Uninstall for HP Solution Center

Wow that's a bit complicated :smileyhappy: I would suggest to uninstall the hp software from this main computer that you are using to have a fresh and updated software driver. You might need to save a backup on some of your files in case they will be affected on the uninstallation. There are other ways to uninstall the printer software, you can of course do it from control panel or the software disc or use a third party uninstaller. I recommend this article online that will help you trace the registry for some other printer files, Uninstall HP Printer Software --this has been very helpful to me as I am also using a networked printer for my home business. Why not give it a try and we'll see the result.. :smileyhappy:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation