Question

Intern
AnotherRufus
Message 1 of 4 (232 Views)
Accepted Solution

Uninstall/reinstall Photosmart 9520 driver

My printer is a Photosmart 7520, that I've had for almost a year. My computer is running Windows 7 and is connected to the printer by a USB cable. Another computer is running XP and is connected wirelessly.

Previously I posted a problem that has not been fixed. I just discovered that I am not using the most current driver. I downloaded and started the driver. A screen appears that seems to be the same screen I saw when I first installed the original software: I have to choose from four options.

So I am asking: Do I first have to uninstall the current driver? If so, how? Or should I just continue as if I was installing the driver for the first time?

Thanks.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 2 of 4 (213 Views)

Re: Uninstall/reinstall Photosmart 9520 driver

Hey AnotherRufus,

It is always best practice to uninstall the printer software if it is an older version, or you are no longer using that printer anymore. I have included the document 'Uninstalling the Printer Software'. Click on Windows 7, and then follow through the steps to remove the out dated software.

Please let me know if this answers your question. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Intern
AnotherRufus
Message 3 of 4 (193 Views)

Sorry for the delay in answering.

The link you gave worked well for uninstalling. Thank you.

Unfortunately, even after I reinstalled the newest driver, the problem continues.

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 4 of 4 (188 Views)

Hi AnotherRufus,

I am glad to hear that you have been able to uninstall the old software. To be able to assist you with the continues problem, what appears to be going on?

Looking forward to further assisting you. :smileyhappy:

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation