Question

Student
simonzb
Message 1 of 2 (103 Views)

Unwanted messages

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the INCREDIBLY annoying messages offering me "rewards" for using hp ink cartridges.

These are even worse than the low ink messages which at least have a purpose. 12 of them have appeared on my mac desktop relating to my new 6600 printer, I have to mouse click to decline the kind offer 12 times, then click to confirm that I'm declining the kind offer 12 times. It is a very frustrating waste of time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 2 (80 Views)

Re: Unwanted messages

Hi simonzb,

I understand you have an Officejet 6600 that is starting to get on your nerves with it's offers of rewards. I can certainly understand the frustration and would be happy to help you resolve this issue!

Generally those rewards offers come up due to something selected in the software. I am going to suggest that you follow this Uninstalling the Printer Software document to get the software removed, along with the rewards pop-ups, and then reinstall the software. When you get to the screen in the picture below, make sure to click the Customize Software Selections and make sure to de-select the Product Improvement Study and the Help (the two bottom options) selections so that they do not get installed.

Windows7SoftwareSelections.jpg

Hope this helps, have a great day!!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation