Question

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 13 (5,321 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vista Duplex Patch Photosmart 3100/3200/3300 Series

Some printer model with automatic duplexers do not properly print the back page in Vista.  In these models the back side is printed updside down regardless of the driver settings.

The attached zip file has a patch and instructions to correct this issue for the following printers:

Photosmart 3110

Photosmart 3210

Photosmart 3310

Patches for other models may be available here.

This patch has been well tested, with over 100 copies of this patch distributed via email since April 2007.

The zip file has two files:

PS3210.pdf     contains detailed instructions to apply the patch.  Opening this file requires Adobe Reader or a similar pdf viewer, available for free download.

hpo3x00t.gpd  is the actual patch file.

To apply the patch download the zip file attached here.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the PS3210.pdf file and follow the instructions.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 13 (5,346 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch Photosmart 3100/3200/3300 Series

Placeholder for updates.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Student
faramak
Message 3 of 13 (4,942 Views)

thanks bob, i was searching for such a fix for my printer for some time. why is not hp just including it in their updates? it worked great.
Student
aldowns
Message 4 of 13 (4,247 Views)

I downloaded the patch and it comes with a file extension of .GPD and I can't open it. How do I open it?
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 13 (4,237 Views)

aldowns wrote:
I downloaded the patch and it comes with a file extension of .GPD and I can't open it. How do I open it?

To apply the patch download the zip file.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the PS3210.pdf file and follow the instructions.  Very detailed instructions are included in the PS3210.pdf file.  You will need Acrobat Reader to open the pdf file.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 13 (4,237 Views)

aldowns wrote:

To apply the patch download the zip file.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the PS3210.pdf file and follow the instructions.  Very detailed instructions are included in the PS3210.pdf file.  You will need Acrobat Reader to open the pdf file.

RDC Student
Student
RDC
Message 7 of 13 (4,153 Views)

Thank you Bob, your patch worked perfectly on two laptop PC's for my Photosmart 3210.  I agree with others that HP should include this fix in updated drivers.
Honor Student
rossario
Message 8 of 13 (4,046 Views)

Hi Bob,

today I tried the new driver for Windows 7 and 64 bit. It makes me more than wonder: The problem is still the same! I cannot understand what the developer may think. I want tp print duplex and the backside should NOT be printed with top down like spiral block - that can not be earnestly the wanted effect!

What do you think - will you create a new patch or should I try the Vista-patch?

Greetings rossario

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 13 (4,043 Views)

rossario wrote:

Hi Bob,

today I tried the new driver for Windows 7 and 64 bit. It makes me more than wonder: The problem is still the same! I cannot understand what the developer may think. I want tp print duplex and the backside should NOT be printed with top down like spiral block - that can not be earnestly the wanted effect!

What do you think - will you create a new patch or should I try the Vista-patch?

Greetings rossario

The Vista patch will apply to Win 7 as well.  Please confirm which model you have.

Honor Student
rossario
Message 10 of 13 (4,003 Views)

Hi Bob,

well I've tried to install the Patch on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Before I successfully Installed the new german version of the 64bit software and driver package for Photosmart 3310. When I tried to open the Printer the system tells me that there is no driver installed. I heard about windows 7 64bit only allows signed drivers to be installed. If I want to use the printer I have to install the drivers again - and again there are the original drivers back and I'm printing my duplex pages upside down.

Any idea what I should try to let the patch work?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation