Question

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 6 (3,451 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vista Duplex Patch for Officejet 6110

[ Edited ]

Some printer models with automatic duplexers do not properly print the back page in Vista.  In these models the back side is printed updside down regardless of the driver settings.

The attached zip file has a patch and instructions to correct this issue for the Officejet 6100 series all-in-one printers.

Patches for other models may be available here.

This patch has been well tested, with dozens of sucessful patches distributed via email.

The zip file has two files:

OJ6110.pdf     contains detailed instructions to apply the patch.  Opening this file requires Adobe Reader or a similar pdf viewer, available for free download.

hpo4pg3l.gpd  is the actual patch file.

To apply the patch download the zip file attached here.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the  OJ6110.pdf file and follow the instructions.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (3,450 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch for Officejet 6110

Placeholder for updates.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Student
TomHa
Message 3 of 6 (2,176 Views)

I have applied the patch with success for the double-sided printing issue. However, when I try to make changes to the printing preferences they are not persistant. Suggestions?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (2,168 Views)

[ Edited ]

TomHa wrote:

I have applied the patch with success for the double-sided printing issue. However, when I try to make changes to the printing preferences they are not persistant. Suggestions?

There are a couple things to try. First go to the printers folder, right click on the Officejet 6100, Run as Administrator, Properties, (continue), Security and set the rightrs to allow everyone to Print, Manage Printers and Manage Documents, Apply.

If that does not resolve the issue then click on the Ports tab and note which port the 6110 is connected to.  Now close the printer properties and delete the printer by right clicking on the Officejet 6100 series in the printers folder and selecting delete. Next use Add a printer to add the printer back, and select the same printer port as it had before.  You will not need to reapply the patch, it should remain installed even if the printer is re-installed.

Tutor
dmreed
Message 5 of 6 (1,475 Views)

where can I find this patch .zip file?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 6 (1,452 Views)

The patch file is available in the attachment in the first post in this thread.  Double-click on the paper clip or you can click here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation