Question

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 3 (1,859 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vista Duplex Patch for Officejet D Series

[ Edited ]

Some printer models with automatic duplexers do not properly print the back page in Vista.  In these models the back side is printed updside down regardless of the driver settings.

The attached zip file has a patch and instructions to correct this issue for the Officejet D  series all-in-one printers such as the Officejet D135, Officejet D145 and Officejet D155.

Patches for other models may be available here.

This patch has been well tested, with dozens of sucessful patches distributed via email.

The zip file has two files:

OJ_D.pdf     contains detailed instructions to apply the patch.  Opening this file requires Adobe Reader or a similar pdf viewer, available for free download.

hpogds3l.gpd  is the actual patch file.

To apply the patch download the zip file attached here.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the  OJ_D.pdf file and follow the instructions.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Printing/Imaging

Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 06-01-2009 11:16 AM
Message Edited by Bob_Headrick on 06-01-2009 11:17 AM

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (1,860 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch for Officejet D Series

Placeholder for updates.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
TechnoD2311
Message 3 of 3 (363 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch for Officejet D Series

I have an Officejet d125xi running Vista Home Premium 64-bit.  Yesterday, I tried numerous times to apply the duplexer patch at first when attempting again today I kept getting a duplicate file exists or file not found. My Third attempt finally went as the pdf described. I rebooted then went in to Start>Control Panel>Printer>Rt.clik >Run As Admin>device settings Duplexer shows installed Does the Allow Manual Duplexing need to be disabled? I have tried both ways and still cannot get Duplexer to work other than fo copying  I am Very Frustrated  Also I would suggest that when querying 2-sided printing that match be pointed to Duplex Patch /or at least did you mean duplex. IWhat can I do to fix the problem I also tried unplug usb from both pc & OJ  uninstall,reboot have Vista find and install then apply patch as described I still cannot use duplexer 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation