Question

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 7 (5,647 Views)
Accepted Solution

Vista / Windows 7 Duplex Patch for Business Inkjet 1000

[ Edited ]

Some printer model with automatic duplexers do not properly print the back page in Vista and possibly in Windows 7 on systems that have been updated from Vista.  In these models the back side is printed upside down regardless of the driver settings.

The attached zip file has a patch and instructions to correct this issue for the Business Inkjet 1000.

Patches for other models may be available here.

The zip file has two files:

BIJ1000.pdf     contains detailed instructions to apply the patch.  Opening this file requires Adobe Reader or a similar pdf viewer, available for free download.

hpw1000t.gpd  is the actual patch file.

To apply the patch download the zip file attached here.  Extract the files into the %temp% directory, then open the  BIJ1000.pdf file and follow the instructions.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (5,645 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch for Business Inkjet 1000

Placeholder for updates.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

Honor Student
aszczupal
Message 3 of 7 (4,602 Views)

Re: Vista Duplex Patch for Business Inkjet 1000 ( Windows 7 ! )

Hi !

I want to refresh this topic !

I have Win7 Prof , and in my Business Inkjet 1000 I have auto-duplexer module

There is not HP driver for W7 to this printer, but Ms driver doesn't support this module (only manual duplex)

unfortunately this patch doesn't work .. :smileysad:

after install, I receive error message

BTW I using national version of W7 (Polish) (64-bit)

best regards

Adam Szczupał

Cisco professional trainer

CCSI #99894

Centrum Szkoleniowe HECTOR sp. z o.o.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (4,598 Views)

There are several issues here.  Unless you have upated the computer from Vista to Windows 7 you should not need the patch.  Most likely your original issue is that the duplexer has not been enabled in the printer's device settings.  Enable the duplexer as described in the Vista / Windows 7 Duplex Troubleshooting Guide.

Honor Student
aszczupal
Message 5 of 7 (4,233 Views)

Hello.

Unfortunately , I must back to this topic, I working on it since few days.
After few months I must upgrade few PC to win 7 (We uses XP Prof.), so this is are absolutely fresh installations on Win7.

I followed just by the procedure in PDF, without success.

First some information
1. I try on two different PC (one has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ENG,another Win 7 Prof 64-bit PL) both fresh installed systems.
2. I unblocked Administrator account and every step i did from it. !)
3. Default Driver (From MS) is installed and worked correctly (Of course only manual duplex)

I will write all my steps.

First problem was when I tried to delete file HPW1000T.BUD (can be possible just after reload)
OK, now I don't have .BUD file , and I cannot create it .

I followed by you instruction "

Go to Start, Control Panel, Printers, right-click on the 1000, Run as Administrator, Properties, (continue), Printing Preferences and then change any setting such as in the Paper/Quality box select Fast Draft, Apply, (You can then go back later and change the settings to whatever you want.) This will regenerate the BUD files.

but..
I can't find "Run as Administrator" ( I'm Administrator)
When I click on "Printing Preferences" I receive message"
" Operation could be completed"
When click on "Printer properties" I have "Driver is not installed,.. Do You want to install? "
Of course I reload system many times...

BTW I tried to restore original "BUD" file but messages are the same..

I don't have another idea... please help.
Anybody try this procedure in Windows 7 ?

regards

Adam Szczupal
CCSI #99894

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 7 (4,206 Views)

aszczupal wrote:

Hello.

Unfortunately , I must back to this topic, I working on it since few days.
After few months I must upgrade few PC to win 7 (We uses XP Prof.), so this is are absolutely fresh installations on Win7. 
I followed just by the procedure in PDF, without success.

First some information
1. I try on two different PC (one has Windows 7 Professional 64-bit ENG,another Win 7 Prof 64-bit PL) both fresh installed systems.
2. I unblocked Administrator account and every step i did from it. !)
3. Default Driver (From MS) is installed and worked correctly (Of course only manual duplex)

I will write all my steps.

First problem was when I tried to delete file HPW1000T.BUD (can be possible just after reload)
OK, now I don't have .BUD file , and I cannot create it .

I followed by you instruction "

Go to Start, Control Panel, Printers, right-click on the 1000, Run as Administrator, Properties, (continue), Printing Preferences and then change any setting such as in the Paper/Quality box select Fast Draft, Apply, (You can then go back later and change the settings to whatever you want.) This will regenerate the BUD files.

but..
I can't find "Run as Administrator" ( I'm Administrator)
When I click on "Printing Preferences" I receive message"
" Operation could be completed"
When click on "Printer properties" I have "Driver is not installed,.. Do You want to install? "
Of course I reload system many times...

BTW I tried to restore original "BUD" file but messages are the same..

I don't have another idea... please help.
Anybody try this procedure in Windows 7 ?

regards

Adam Szczupal
CCSI #99894

OK, there are several issues here.  First, it would appear the driver is not properly installed.  Try deleting the BIJ 1000 from the printers folder, then add the printer using "Add a Printer" from the Devices and Printers folder.  Whan the list of printers comes up click on the "Windows Update" button in the lower right.  It may take a few minutes to update, but once it completes there should be two choices for the BIJ 1000, one marked HP and one Microsoft.  I would suggest the HP driver as it is somewhat later.  (But if for some reason this is not available install the Microsoft driver.)  
Once the printer has been installed then in the Devices and Printers folder right click on the BIJ 1000, select Printer Properties (the Run as Administrator is not available or needed in Windows 7 for this...), click on Device Settings and then under Installable Options set the Duplex Unit to Installed, than Apply.  Give this a try, you should then be able to select automatic duplex printing.  I do not have a BIJ 1000 to test with, but for my Officejet 7410, Photosmart 2610 and Officejet 6500 a patch was not needed in Windows 7 to correct the back side orientation.
576i512EC28D7D7600D7

Honor Student
aszczupal
Message 7 of 7 (4,190 Views)

[ Edited ]

Great !

it works.....

But the solution is still strange for me...

First , I reinstalled HP 1000 driver ( I choose HP version) , then I activated Duplex feature in "printer properties" (of course reboot system..)

so... nothing change...

I can print only with manual duplex, there is not box for automatic duplex ( it was in Windows XP)

In "finishing" tab there is only one option:

"Print On Both Sides (Manually)" and of course automatic printing not works...

(I can not insert pictures..)

Then I change default printing method in "Printing shortcuts"

I choose "Two-sided (Duplex) Printing" with option "Print on Both Sides" set to "Automatically"

At least just after then I received correct setting :smileyhappy:

In "Finishing" tab word "MANUALLY" missed 

Automatic Duplex !!!! WORKS

Thank You Bob for Your help

Regards

Adam Szczupał

CCSI #99894

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation