03-14-2010 08:40 PM
I've got an Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer with Vista Home Premium (32-bit). My black cartridge seemed to be acting up, so I tried to follow the instructions in this article:
... to see the amount of ink in the cartridges. Whenever I try this via the properties of the printer via Control Panel, I see the "Service this device" button, but all that results in is a pop-up dialog with "Help with Printer Lights" in the title bar and "Unable to perform the operation" as the message text. I've even tried to uninstall all the Officejet software, and I downloaded and installed it all again, but still the same results.
Trying the other method for launching printer toolbox is no good as I can't find anything called "HP Director". Where would I find this?
Thanks in advance!
04-20-2010 01:10 PM
Please install the complete software for this product from hp.com. Once you did that you will find HP Solution center application. This will show the ink levels.
04-20-2010 02:08 PM
The HP Director from the XP software was changed to the HP Solution Center for the Vista software.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS