Question

Student
ShawnC1959
Message 1 of 5 (14,817 Views)

Where can I find the Printer Toolbox utility?

I've got an Officejet 5610 All-in-One printer with Vista Home Premium (32-bit).  My black cartridge seemed to be acting up, so I tried to follow the instructions in this article:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00428095&tmp_task=solveCategory&lc=en&dlc=en&cc...

... to see the amount of ink in the cartridges.  Whenever I try this via the properties of the printer via Control Panel, I see the "Service this device" button, but all that results in is a pop-up dialog with "Help with Printer Lights" in the title bar and "Unable to perform the operation" as the message text.  I've even tried to uninstall all the Officejet software, and I downloaded and installed it all again, but still the same results.

Trying the other method for launching printer toolbox is no good as I can't find anything called "HP Director".  Where would I find this?

Thanks in advance!

Intern
Jits007
Message 2 of 5 (14,729 Views)

Re: Where can I find the Printer Toolbox utility?

Please install the complete software for this product from hp.com. Once you did that you will find HP Solution center application. This will show the ink levels.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=441125&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Intern
TonyH1234
Message 3 of 5 (14,719 Views)

The HP Director from the XP software was changed to the HP Solution Center for the Vista software.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP
Student
wiggly
Message 4 of 5 (11,581 Views)

I am using windows 7 and can't find the HP Photo Smart all in one printer tool box C4640.

Would like to clean my print heads.

Thanks

Top Student
thatpat
Message 5 of 5 (7,065 Views)

The Toolbox Utility is not on the latest full feature download so why do you recommend that as a solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation