Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@siantegan wrote:

Where do i download the HP solution center software?

Please read this entire thread, the question has been asked and answered a couple dozen times in this thread.  What printer do you have?  What operating system? Go to the top of this page and click on the "Support and Drivers" link.  Enter your printer model, then selct the specific model, then select the operating system.  Look for the driver downloads for a full featured driver.

If your combination of printer model and operating system has support for HP Solution Center you will see it there.

Support.png

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

@sonflower wrote:

Hubby and I have almost the exact same HP laptops. For some reason when he called HP to download the software for Win 7 for our printer (J5780 model) the tech person did not install Solution Center. (My tech person did though)

So can someone point me to the link to download Solution Center?

Here is what his laptop does have:

a.png

HP Recommended

Dear Dean, or someone else,

I've installed a network printer which is a HP Printer CM2320 LaserJet printer. I've downloaded the full driver for the printer, but it did not install the Solution Centre software.

I thought there was a mistake, and I opened the driver again. It said: Install all other utilities (or something like that), and I pressed that, thought it would be installing Solution Centre as well. It didn't. I am stumped at the moment, any solutions (haha!) you can recommend?

I have Windows 7 64 bit, and currently running Windows Internet Explorer 9 on it.

HP Recommended

Hello iCupboard

The product you have is a commercial printer and you may have better luck posting your question at the commercial board in the future. I don't beleive Solution Center is included with your printer.

You may find the Commercial Laserjet board here.
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

This fix returns "Not for Windows 7"

Perhaps it is only good for the 64 bit version of Windows 7.

HP Recommended

Strangely, my original post has now disappeared from this forum, even though I had a response from a HP employee (Hi Travis_C! Sorry I couldn't give you any kudos!).

II am not able to install the full software package as the installer is unable to find a file: 'blocksysuserinstall.exe'. (That's all I can read in the error dialogue box.) Then the installation cancels and uninstalls everything that's gone before.

NB:I did run the L4uninstall.bat file and the Disk cleanup before downloading the full software pack again. This is the same problem I had yesterday so I remain unable to install the HP software at all.g

Any suggestions? At this point I think I'll buy a new printer as I've lost two days to tryinng to fix this, which I can't afford as I am self employed. Please help!!

HP Recommended

Hello MelJay

Since this thread has gone on for 6 pages and continues to get occasional requests, as well as the fact that you posted a more specific problem I moved the thread to here: Re: Where do i download the HP solution center software?

In the error does it look like this "C:Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS3C24\setup\.. \Setup\blocksysuserinstall.exe"?

If so try the following:

1. In the search or run box type %temp%
  2. Locate the 7z????? folder. The ? can be anything.
  3. Create a copy in that directory and rename it to the 7z folder mentioned in the error.
  4. Try installing by clicking setup.exe inside the 7z folder.

What is happening is the installation is told that the files are located in a different folder that where it was extracted to. Of course this causes an error and setup remains incomplete.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
HP Recommended

Hi again Travis. 

No luck with the process below. The software installed, printed a test page, then went to do a test scan, said it couldn't find the scanner and closed down. Then we couldn't find the printer again, had completely disappeared from the network. Back to square one.

I'm about to have one last run, using all the suggestions so far. (It shoulodn't be this difficult, surely? My printer at home is plug and play and never had a problem?)

Will let you know in a couple of hours once I have run through all this yet again. Thanks for your assistance to date.

HP Recommended

Hi again, last post: still no luck. Thhe last install seemed to go very smoothly, didn't need to rename files or anything. The printer works however there is no scanning able to be done and no Solution Centre software visible anywhere.

I downloaded and ran the Print and Scan Doctor utility which unsurprisingly said that there was no Solution Centre software installed and i should.....uninstall and reinstall. That is just not going to happen. 

My husband had the same problem a month ago with his (identical) printer and his laptop. He managed to fix his by repairing one of the msi files. So we gave that a try to no avail. Got some error code 2732.

So now, I give up. I'll go and buy a new printer because it's cheaper than spending another 10 hours trying to fix the software. Pity, as the printer itself is fine but useless to me without scanning ability.

Guess what? It won't be a HP this time. Clearly, existing customers are not given high priority with support (and I don't mean you Travis). We noted that some of the software packages haven't been updated since 2009, even though many of these issues have been ongoing since then.

So, kudos to you but not to HP. Thanks anyway.

HP Recommended

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02266743

I solved my problem starting HP Solution Center by following solution three from the above link.

Background: When I tried to start HP Solution Center, I received an error message saying: "HP Solution Center cannot run because your device installation is not complete."

The problem seems to have originated because I did not notice that the HP driver download quit part way through the download.

Inadvertantly, I ran the partial download and created corrupt files in a folder called %temp%.

Even after uninstalling and reloading the driver package from the commonly known HP Driver link, I could not overcome the damage from the corrupted files until I deleted all %temp% files, and then installed the (full) driver package.

Sooo, if your problem is related to observing the above error message when you try to start HP Solution Center, odds are, the same thing may have happened to you.

Suggestion; print out "solution three" before trying to do  it.

You will need to reboot a few times and it's helpful to have the install procedure in-hand while all this is going on!

Good luck.

Kudos to everyone who is helped by this advice!

PS I think I found this link by Googling "Windows 7, HP Officejet 6310xi, (and put the error message here)". HMG

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.