Where is HP Solution Center software? (58904 Views)
Top Student
mikiek
Message 1 of 56 (58,904 Views)

Where is HP Solution Center software?

I keep seeing references to this in the Help files. It is nowhere to be found on my computer after the install (Ethernet). Printer works OK but when I try to scan it asks 'Select Computer'. I press OK and get 'No Scan Options'. Help says to configure scanning using Solution Center but it is not installed. Re-install did not load it. I even downloaded the Full Feature software download and re-installed. No difference.

At this point scanner is useless.

New printer & installation

HP6500-E709n Wireless

Running on network using Ethernet connection

Windows 2000 Server

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 56 (58,897 Views)

Re: Where is HP Solution Center software?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Did you notice this in the driver release notes?

IMPORTANT NOTES
For Windows 2000 and Windows XP 64-bit only the printer driver, scanner driver and the Toolbox are available

regards,

erico

Message Edited by erico on 09-13-2009 11:09 AM

****If my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
mikiek
Message 3 of 56 (58,867 Views)

erico - thanks for the reply. I'm not sure where this leaves me. Sounds like limited functionality with Win2K? I've already seen that Win2003 (the other OS on my net) is also very limited.

Any idea how to set up the scanning properties?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 56 (58,864 Views)

For scanning, open Windows Imaging under Start Menu>Programs>Accessories, and you can scan from there. Scanning from the scan button will not work.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
mikiek
Message 5 of 56 (58,839 Views)

OK - Thanks.

BTW - How much (if any) of this issue would go away if I hung the printer off a workstation instead of having it networked?

Honor Student
beenders3
Message 6 of 56 (53,804 Views)

Honor Student
seikencho
Message 7 of 56 (53,480 Views)

where can I get hpphotosmart c7280 all in one software

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 8 of 56 (53,458 Views)

seikencho wrote:

where can I get hpphotosmart c7280 all in one software

You do not mention what your operating system, but in January you asked about Solution Center for Windows 7 x64 (for an unspecified printer).  If you want the full featured driver (including Solution Center) for the Photosmart C7280 in Windows 7 x64 it is available for download from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Top Student
boggett2001
Message 9 of 56 (53,389 Views)

Okay, I got the download for my C7280 All in One printer (which was working fine without installing any software) per an earlier response of yours. I was able, by troubleshooting, to get the 3 icons I needed on my desktop (and installed), i.e., the HP Photosmart, HP Solution Center, and the Shopping link. I have a new computer running Windows 7. Anyway, the shopping link and the Photosmart programs work like they're supposed to - but the Solution Center does not and I need it the most! I can't scan without it. And I can't pick and choose that program when I put my CD in. Reinstalling now does no good, it's already there. My scanner is now dead in the water - especially since plugging in my thumb drive and telling it to scan to the memory device HAS NEVER WORKED. 

I guess that's two problems. Can you help, sir?

Jen

Honor Student
spiderweb
Message 10 of 56 (40,756 Views)

can i download solution center on internet--or have cd sent out ??? the cd that came with the pc didnt work had to download driver off internet -that didnt include toolbox or anything to check printer....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation