Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

My HP Laser jet CM2320nf MFP worked fine with my old computer using Windows XP Professional, however when using the same printer with my new computer using Windows 7 does not work correctly.  The problem is that it will not print color when using Word, Excel or Quicken.  It will print in color with other programs.  I have reloaded drivers several times which has not helped.

Thank you for any help that you can provide.

Brian

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

run the clean heads program,,nothing else,uninstall and reinstall printer driver.and if this dont work,make sure that the little tab on the bottom of the color cartridge is removed.

Are you serious? Please don't post again.

HP Recommended

I would also like an anwser to this question, and one that is useful. There is nothing wrong with the printer, it works just fine with a mac user in the lab, and it prints color for me when i print a picture or pdf. It will not print color when I am using a microsoft office program such as excel or word. I have windows 7 pro and the HP printer is CM1415fnw color laser printer. I have tried reinstalling the drivers, and the IT department here at the lab was not able to get it to work properly either. I wonder if HP needs to look into this and put out a patch of some sort, or fix their driver.

HP Recommended
Let me amend that. It works sometimes with PDf files.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem and this isn't the first time.  I don't think I'll be buying another HP with my allowance from work.  They are ignoring the problem and won't even offer a solution.   UGH!!!!

HP Recommended

Hey Gumlady850,

I understand that you are having an issue with printing with Word, Excel or Quicken.
You could try this steps to help resolve the issue. Uninstall the Printer software.

Make sure you computer has done the Windows Updates.

Please let me know if you require further assistance but I will need your current Operating system and Printer version.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

This worked for me.  (My HP Envy 7640 would only print in black from Word and Excel, even though the color button was selected under properties.)

I did two things and I'm not sure which one did the trick, but they are simple and one of them worked:

Select the "Properties" tab on your print menu, then select the "Paper/Quality" tab.

(1)  Switch back and forth between the Black and Color buttons, but leave Color selected.

(2)  Switch back and forth between Normal and Best, but leave Best selected.  Print one copy.  If it prints in color, go back to Normal if desired and it will hopefully still print in color.  Mine did.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

This has been driving me crazy as it seems to happen when I'm on a deadline.  My work around on deadline was to use Google. docs.

But, this morning,  I found the answer!

You will have to check this each time, but go to "Printer Properties", "Paper Quality", "Advanced" and under "Printer Features - the last feature is "Print All Text In Black" - DISABLE it.  So annoying.  I had to do this in each Office program and I will be sure to check before EVER trying to print in color again. 

I hope this solves it for everyone! 

HP Recommended

I am using Microsoft Office 2016.  I cannot get any of the office documents to print on my printer which is an HP Office Jet 4650.

However, when I use my laptop with Microsoft Office 2010 installed and send office documents to the same printer, they print in color.  

In addition, my HP 4650 will copy in color.  So there is something going on, I think, with MS Office 2016.

How can I fix this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.