01-10-2013 12:53 AM - edited 01-10-2013 09:56 AM
I have a LaserJet 1018 working fine on Win 7 64 bit SP1 Home Premium. I've installed it using the original driver downloaded from the official HP web Site. Recently (10 days ago ) is available an optional update for Windows 7 for HP LaserJet (4,4 MB). What does it mean? Have I to install the Win 7 Update? On the official HP web site the last driver available is that one I've installed one year ago and not that new one of Win 7. I repeat that my HP LJ 1018 printer works perfectly using the official old HP driver. What does it mean? What have I to do? Thanks in advance for your answer.
01-11-2013 09:47 AM
I am not sure why Windows would have an updated driver available. As you noted, you already have the latest driver for your printer and OS as listed on the HP website and your printer is working perfectly. A good motto to live by in the tech world is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it", so I would just uncheck the box in Windows Update, right click it and choose to hide the update.
01-11-2013 10:44 AM
You're right! if it isn't broken, don't fix it! It is only a my curiosity. It is the first time that happens to me: a Win 7 HP automatic update and no Hp official update available! I insert the Win 7 update web page image. I hope to have more informations. Thaks again.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS