Question

Top Student
noghere
Message 1 of 4 (333 Views)

Win 7 64 bit automatic Update for my fine working LaserJet 1018 printer ?

[ Edited ]

I have a LaserJet 1018 working fine on Win 7 64 bit SP1 Home Premium. I've installed it using the original driver downloaded from the official  HP web Site. Recently (10 days ago )  is available an optional update for Windows 7 for HP LaserJet (4,4 MB). What does it mean? Have I to install the Win 7 Update? On the official HP web site the last driver available is that one I've installed one year ago and not that new one of Win 7. I repeat that my HP LJ 1018 printer works perfectly using the official old HP driver. What does it mean? What have I to do? Thanks in advance for your answer.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (276 Views)

Win 7 64 bit automatic Update for my fine working LaserJet 1018 printer ?

Hi noghere,

I am not sure why Windows would have an updated driver available. As you noted, you already have the latest driver for your printer and OS as listed on the HP website and your printer is working perfectly. A good motto to live by in the tech world is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it", so I would just uncheck the box in Windows Update, right click it and choose to hide the update.
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
noghere
Message 3 of 4 (272 Views)

Re: Win 7 64 bit automatic Update for my fine working LaserJet 1018 printer ?

Hi Gordon_H,

You're right! if it isn't broken, don't fix it! It is only a my curiosity. It is the first time that happens to me: a Win 7 HP automatic update and no Hp official update available! I insert the Win 7 update web page image. I hope to have more informations. Thaks again.

Immagine.jpg

Top Student
noghere
Message 4 of 4 (247 Views)

Re: Win 7 64 bit automatic Update for my fine working LaserJet 1018 printer ?

Anybody else has that Win 7 64 bit problem Update for HP LJ 1018 printer?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation