02-08-2010 12:02 PM
Hi, Have a small network with a Deskjet 3845 networked between 2 PC's and 2 laptops. Upgraded the Main PC to Win 7 (where the printer is connected) and can print. However, now none of the other 3 PC's running XP can see the printer. File sharing is working between all 4 computers so I guess this is some sort of printer driver problem. I have accessed the printer and checked sharing on the Win7 PC and all appears fine there. Is this not a supported configuration?
06-23-2011 02:23 PM
This the exact same problem that I am having and my Google searches have found a number of other people reporting the same problem but nobody has posted any solutions that have worked for me.
06-24-2011 10:54 AM
Try the following: On the XP machine go to the Printers folder, Add a Printer, Local Printer, Create a Port, Local Port, \\Computername\Printername (use the actual share name for the computer and printer), OK, then chose the Deskjet 3845 (or perhaps Deskjet 3800 series) driver.
Bob Headrick, HP Expert
I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.
If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V
If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS