Question

Top Student
2Blonde
Message 1 of 4 (371 Views)

Win7 Laptop won't recognize installed Photosmart 309g-m driver. Won't print.

Sony i7 Laptop running Win7 gives an error message (yellow !triangle) that there is no driver installed for the HP Photosmart wireless printer.  During the Install, the computer CAN 'find' the wireless printer, so the wireless connection is not the issue.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the updated printer software numerous times, and disabling the Firewall (even though it says not to) helped the installation go through with no error messages. 

Sometimes it will print if I use the old '309a' driver that came with the computer (but it won't scan), but now that I downloaded the newer driver, that trick has stopped working. Other times it will only print after a reboot, but then won't print any new items. 

I go to Printer Properties/Install or Update Driver and try to lead the computer to the downloaded driver file on hard drive C:/downloads, but it doesn't see it there, either.  Note sure where else to Browse on my computer so it can find it and recognize it.  Or how to I personally recognize the driver file, instead of just the Install .exe file, since it probably has some wierd filename and gets installed in some odd non-printer-driver-file place that the computer obviously doesn't know about.

What is the trick to getting the computer to consistently find the path to the 309g-m's printer driver? 

Provost
ShlomiL
Message 2 of 4 (359 Views)

Re: Win7 Laptop won't recognize installed Photosmart 309g-m driver. Won't print.

Hi,

As you mention you had used multiple drivers I would rather suspet you may use the wrong installer and not the one for your printer.

Try downloading the driver using teh HP Printer Install Wizard to assure you use the correct software:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4062&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3737...

Make sure the pritner connected to your PC, either by USB or through the network and then run the tool, for network connection check the box that your printer is not listed and to look for printers through the network.

The tool should download the software automatically, follow the steps on the screen and check for any change.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution :smileyhappy:
Top Student
2Blonde
Message 3 of 4 (329 Views)

Re: Win7 Laptop won't recognize installed Photosmart 309g-m driver. Won't print.

The link you sent just sends me to the page with the supposedly 'updated' driver that doesn't get recognized by my computer. I have already tried that uninstall/reinstall about 20 times over the past year.  Didn't you read my post?  The updated software and driver is installed somewhere in my computer, following the standard auto-install, but Win7 and my computer can not find or recognize the new driver. 

Doesn't anyone here in cyber-space know the name of the driver file and where it is auto-installed by the Install.exe program in the computer?  And where it *should be* installed for the computer to find it? 

At least it can find the old pre-loaded '309a' (possibly pre-Win7?) driver for my Photosmart 309g-m printer, which sometimes works, and which is the only reason I haven't tossed the #&%$* printer out the window.   When the HP does print, it does a really good job on photos.  

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 4 of 4 (305 Views)

Win7 Laptop won't recognize installed Photosmart 309g-m driver. Won't print.

Hello 2Blonde

It sounds like you may be having multiple issues with the installation of the printer. The following instructions will "scrub" or "clean" the HP printer drivers from your computer. This should allow you to do a fresh installation. If the problem persists take write down or take screenshots of any errors you receive and during what point of your installation they occurred at.

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:
1. Type %temp% in the run field
2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)
3. Open folder Util
4. Open folder CCC
5. Run the L4uninstall.bat
6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer
7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools
8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player
Adobe Flash Player
9. Download the full feature software and drivers
Photosmart C309g Full Feature Software (Windows 7)
10. Run the download to reinstall the printer
Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation