Question

Student
m_ardron
Message 1 of 3 (2,451 Views)

Win7x64 drivers for Laserjet P3005n

I have a Laserjet P3005n which is connected via a printserver on our network. Windows 7 cannot detect drivers on the network, so I downloaded the HP Universal Print Driver for Windows PCL6 x64 (for windows 7). I attempt to install the drivers manually but the computer responds saying no appropriate drivers have been found. I have since attempted to manually install the other two Win7x64 drivers (PCL5 and PS) with the same result. I have tried to set it up on another Win7x64 machine with the same results.

Do these drivers work? Is there anything else that needs to be done to get them to work?

Thanks

Honor Student
junkm
Message 2 of 3 (2,298 Views)

Re: Win7x64 drivers for Laserjet P3005n

I have the same problem with HP laser jet CM1312MFP, HP support offer 3 drivers for win7 x64,

PCL6 X64,        PCL5  X64,      PostScript

I don't know wich one to install???????????????

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 3 of 3 (2,295 Views)

Re: Win7x64 drivers for Laserjet P3005n

junkm wrote:

I have the same problem with HP laser jet CM1312MFP, HP support offer 3 drivers for win7 x64,

PCL6 X64,        PCL5  X64,      PostScript

I don't know wich one to install???????????????

The HP page here suggests  "This document describes the process for choosing the best printer driver for your LaserJet printer and operating system. More than one driver can be used with a single printer, although most users need to select just one printer driver -- normally the PCL 6 driver for Windows and the Mac PS driver for Macintosh."

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation