Question

Student
GRHNYS
Message 1 of 26 (58,891 Views)

Window 7 - Designjet 430, Driver

Hi All:

Does anyone have any info regarding the Window 7 Driver for HP Deignjet 430?

Thanks 

Student
lcnl0626
Message 2 of 26 (58,782 Views)

Re: Window 7 - Designjet 430, Driver

I have the same problem, HP is saying they are not sure if the DesignJet 430 driver is going to be up-graded for windows 7.  They want you to buy a new large format printer at lots of $$$$, that is painful when the present plotter works perfect.  At least two here with same issue!!  HELP!!  I will not install Windows 7, until I can resolve this.  A disillusioned user.

Student
unclegeorge1
Message 3 of 26 (58,646 Views)

I have just bought a new HP laptop with Windows 7 and want to use it in conjunction with my HP 430 printer. I would certainly appreciate it if HP would create the drivers for this application as I would hate to upgrade to another printer, which would possibly be another manufacturer other than HP.  I feel that HP should support those who have and continue to support them.

Student
WilfyHBasket
Message 4 of 26 (58,518 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi to all those struggling with this problem. I have successfully connected the HP 430 DesignJet to a Win 7 PC for Pro Engineer using the Win2000XP driver but previously it could not connect to a UNC share from a Win 2008 Server, so instead I installed the 430 as a local printer over a TCP IP port (you need a print server here). Once it was connected as a local printer (over IP) it worked fine from within Windows (test page etc), however Pro Engineer has this "Printer command" that uses a UNC share so I had to share the printer (locally) and use the UNC share in the "Printer Command" and "Hey Presto" it works. Hope this <text deleted>helps

Student
clo1977
Message 5 of 26 (57,528 Views)

Wendy,

Do you know of any websites that offer the 430 driver for safe download?  I resently downloaded a driver that was corrupt and almost lost all my work. If you know of a reliable website could you please forward me the site?  Thank you.

Cindy

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 6 of 26 (57,506 Views)

The XP or Vista drivers from HP should work, you can download them from Hp's site here.  Be sure to pick the correct 32 bit or 64 bit version depending on your operating system.

This forum is focused on consumer level products.  For the Designjet you may have better results posting in the HP Enterprise Designjet forum here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
drafter
Message 7 of 26 (47,177 Views)

What kind of print server do I need?  I just bought an encore eletronics enpswi-2012 and it is not compatible with the designjet 430.  ~Thank you!

Student
Amymariexx
Message 8 of 26 (25,438 Views)

This took me quite a while to figure out, and i still havnt done 100% of it, but i have figured out how to get drivers onto windows 7! 

I used the HP doctor which i installed on my laptop, I then went on the start menu of my laptop, Devices and printers > add a printer > add a local printer > File > (You may need to update here) > scroll down the list until you come across HP Designjet 430.

There is 2 Hp designjet 430 printers on the list, Im a 19 year old female with absoloute no computer sense what so ever, so i installed both and there i had it, my printer was installd!

If i can do this, any one can!

Student
LCAarchitect
Message 9 of 26 (25,171 Views)

I would like to encourage HP to think GREEN and supply drivers for the Designjets Plotters for Windows 7 and beyond.  We cannot continue to throw away perfectly good machines for HP's profit.    We demand that you begin to Think Ahead - 7 generations & BEYOND. Get with the program and BE a LEADER.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 10 of 26 (25,166 Views)

LCAarchitect wrote:

I would like to encourage HP to think GREEN and supply drivers for the Designjets Plotters for Windows 7 and beyond.  We cannot continue to throw away perfectly good machines for HP's profit.    We demand that you begin to Think Ahead - 7 generations & BEYOND. Get with the program and BE a LEADER.

I have not heard anyone suggest throwing away perfeclty good machines, and has been discussed at length in this thread and others there are drivers for the Designjet 430 available for Windows 7.  I have a Designjet 650c that is nearly as old as Amymariexx and it is working fine on my Windows 7 x64 system and also my Windows 8 x64 system.  

HP has drivers for hundreds and hundreds of printers, including printers more than twenty years old, available in Windows 8.  I think you would be hard pressed to find any other manufacturer with similar support for printers sold decades ago.  For example, the Deskjet 500 was introduced in 1990 and reached end of support life in 1999 but still has drivers available in Windows 8 (and Windows 7, and Vista, and XP, and Windows 2000 and....)

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation