Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Has anyone found a way to get a driver for a LaserJet 4 Plus to work with Windows 10? Windows 10 will not accept the driver provided by HP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Excellent it worked !!!   I'm now back to work and feeling much more relaxed. Many thanks for your help.  2ndfiddle

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Some success posted here:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Issues-Troubleshooting/HP-LASERJET-4-PLUS-ON-WINDOWS-10/td-p/5...

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Excellent! Thank you. I'll try it and see if I can get it to work.

HP Recommended

Excellent it worked !!!   I'm now back to work and feeling much more relaxed. Many thanks for your help.  2ndfiddle

HP Recommended

Could you elaborate and confirm for us what steps you took to resolve the problem?  This will help the community grow and assist future viewers incase they have the same problem.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I found something!

The HP 4 Laserjet drivers appeared for me in Windows 10 when I chose 'Windows Update' from the printer selection in the 'Add a Printer' dialog.

Interestingly, the drivers only appears right after choosing 'Windows Update'.  If I tried to install the printer later, the drivers were not there, (until I chose 'Windows Update' and waited for it to update again)

Note: our HP4m Plus has an ethernet card. (and over 140k prints without a problem!)

Giddy that I can still use our trusty stallion!

For those of you with parallel port issues, you might be able to remove the parallel port card and replace it with a J2556-80001 HP JetDirect 10/100 Network Card.  Search eBay, they are around $40 with shipping.

HP Recommended

OH MY GOSH... it works. I posted a "help" but didn't give up. Spent about a month working on this for the last 3 days, seemed like a month anyway.

SO, what's this deal? HP says there is no driver for the hp 4  or plus but ACCIDentally my buddy Google just happened to slide in this link

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ds_99378_9&swEnvOid=4063

GEEZE LOUISE... can't they just give you the link to that PCL5 driver for this printer. Pages all over HP says there isn't one but sure enough, there it is... till they delete it just to prove a point, UGH!

HP Recommended

"JetDirect 10/100 Network Card": yup, have that.  Clicking the "Windows Update" button during "Add Printer" worked for me, thanks!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.