Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

None instructions  did not help, I finally discovered the solution myself. It should be done system update and after the appearance of the printer driver to select either found of the internet ... (sorry for English) :Wink:

HP Recommended

First message I get is "No driver found ... to locate one manually, click OK"

Then a dialog box with browse to the inf area.

I choose C:\temp\hp where I have unzipped the files.

Then I get an error message saying "Connect to Printer; Windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver"

I have tried with all the 64bit drivers on the webpage, 6 PCL, 5PCL, PS and the UPD. All give me the same errors.

I have also tried the install.exe file but it does the same.

I have tried logging in as an administrator, I have tried changing access rights and I have tried relocating the files.

Same error.

I have tried installing Canon printers, and Kyocera printers, they work perfectly.

HP Recommended

Well there is another easier way by " net use" command.

On cammand line enter "net use lp2 //ServerName/PrinterName"

You can enter "net use" again to make sure your connection is good

Then go to add printer as local printer and select lpt2. The rest is the same

what you usually do to setup your printer.

HP Recommended

Raptor833

Thanks for your solution, I saw that many people were successful with it, but my printer does not use usb cable. It uses a parralel cable that my conputer does not have any port to plug it in (the only computer supports it is the really old one on our network). Is there any suggestion in this situation?

Thanks in advance,

HP Recommended

ahmad

@mrEduardo wrote:

I don't know where all your problems come from because Win7 (even 64bit) does almost everything by itself.

It didn't install the driver "fully automatically" but i have the HP LaserJet 1200 driver installed and working on my Windows 7 64bit. Here's what I did:

Windows found and recognized the device, but couldn't find the driver software via Windows Update so I opened Device Manager and updated the driver software from there (somehow Windows was able to find it automatically this way). The printer was installed as "HP LaserJet 1200 USB" along with "IEEE 1284.4 compatible printer" and it works perfectly now.

HP Recommended

After spending a lot of time following the articles on HP's Support Site addressing this problem and failing, I used your procedure and it worked!! The Win 7 PC now recognizes the HPLJ1200 printer directly connected to a Win XP PC on the same workgroup, includes the correct Win 7 drivers, and honors Win XP print requests.

Thank  you, Raptor833 & benspun.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.