Question

Tutor
Strujillo3
Message 1 of 8 (6,655 Views)

Windows 7 Driver for Lexmark optra S 1855 Printer

[ Edited ]

Hopefully someone can help me out....I'm looking for updated drivers for the Lexmark Optra S 1855. I've had this printer for a little bit and it been working great till we brought in the new pc with windows 7 home premium, the pc is out main pc and it has both of the network printers on it. The other printer is an ink jet...Unable to find drivers for the printer, anyone have any ideas. I've tried using a couple of different drivers for XP and Vista, but so far no go...I haven't given up yet, just thought I would ask others...Thanks

Tutor
Strujillo3
Message 2 of 8 (6,612 Views)

Re: Windows 7 Driver for Lexmark optra S 1855 Printer

UPDATE>>>

I found a universeral driver that worked, we were able to print from it through the network...great. Today, I came in and found that the printer was constantly going offline by itself? I have no clue why, I shut everything down and restarted, it worked great for about 20 minutes and then offline. Unable to share this printer at all, I even plugged it into my laptop (Vists 32bit) directly and it could not find the proper driver for it?????? Very strange....I could really you some help in resolving this issue.

Top Student
alstonshop
Message 3 of 8 (6,583 Views)

I've been looking for a driver since November 2009 for our Lexmark Optra S 1855 that will work with Windows 7.  It's a great printer and I hate to lose it.

Tutor
Strujillo3
Message 4 of 8 (6,564 Views)

After working on this issue all weekend, I think I've resolved it my issues. I installed this Universal 64 bit driver on Monday the 18th and so far it been running like a champ.  If your installing it on a 32 bit, I would use the the Universal that says 32 bit. This driver will also allow you to use this printer on a network. The way we use it at work, Win 7 64 bit is the main pc...two laptops connected to a wireless network...one laptop is win xp and the other is Vista both 32 bit. That what I have been fighting with for the past week. Trying to get the 64 and 32 bit systems to talk.....Hope this works for you.

http://www.downloaddelivery.com/downloads/pssd/Lexmark_Universal_UD0_Win_64_PCL_Emul.exe

Top Student
alstonshop
Message 5 of 8 (6,549 Views)

Thanks - unfortunately I can't get it to work across our network.  The only thing I can think to do now is try to install it as a local printer on my new laptop (64 bit Windows 7). 

Tutor
Strujillo3
Message 6 of 8 (6,515 Views)

It depend on your computer that the printer is going to be setup as the local, whether its a 32 bit or 64 bit OS. I think if you use a Universal Driver for either the 32 bit or 64 bit and keep working at it,  you should find the correct driver that allows you to add it to the network. It took me over a week, but I got it.

Top Student
alstonshop
Message 7 of 8 (6,512 Views)

Windows 7, 64 bit.

You're a better man than me.

Student
beerbus
Message 8 of 8 (4,985 Views)

Make sure you run this as an Administrator in Win7.

It will not load otherwise.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation