Question

Top Student
hatch
Message 1 of 6 (1,855 Views)

Windows 7/Photosmart 2610xi

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and am trying to install my HP Photosmart 2610xi to get my printer set up again. I downloaded te driver that is compatible with Windows 7 and now I can print but am not able to download my HP director, Image Zone or Document Viewer.  Is there anoter download I am missing or a patch?  The CD that came with the printer will not work with Windows 7.

Thanks!

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 6 (1,850 Views)

Re: Windows 7/Photosmart 2610xi

hatch wrote:

I just bought a new laptop with Windows 7 and am trying to install my HP Photosmart 2610xi to get my printer set up again. I downloaded te driver that is compatible with Windows 7 and now I can print but am not able to download my HP director, Image Zone or Document Viewer.  Is there another download I am missing or a patch?  The CD that came with the printer will not work with Windows 7.

HP Director and Image Zone have been replaced with Solution Center.  Did you download the full featured Windows 7 driver available here?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
hatch
Message 3 of 6 (1,843 Views)

Tried to download again using the download button you provided but am getting a screen that says internet website not available so am not getting to the "run" screen.  Do I need to type in the website manually?  Have had some issues with certain websites, not sure why.
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 6 (1,838 Views)

hatch wrote:
Tried to download again using the download button you provided but am getting a screen that says internet website not available so am not getting to the "run" screen.  Do I need to type in the website manually?  Have had some issues with certain websites, not sure why.

Click on this link, select save file, then run it when the lengthly download completes.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Top Student
hatch
Message 5 of 6 (1,833 Views)

thanks, running the dowload now.  I'll let you know if this works.
Top Student
hatch
Message 6 of 6 (1,819 Views)

Dowload went fine but when I ran the program, there was "fatal error on installation" error.  I had to reboot and can print and get into the HP Photosmart icon but when I access the HP Solution Center, it tells me the installation is not complete.  I've tried to unplug the USB, turn the printer off and on and re-run the download.  Any suggestions?  Not sure what the Solution Center contains or if this is something I have to have.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation