Question

Top Student
PaulW2
Message 1 of 33 (8,194 Views)

Windows 7 RC and ScanJet G4050 Scanner

We use several different model HP ScanJet scanners, and I see that the SCanJet 8300 series has a WIndows 7 driver available, but the G4050 does not appear to. We have tried every trick in the book to make our G4050 work with Windows 7 (64-bit) RC, including using the Vista driver, as well as the XP driver (using Windows 7's XP Emulation Mode). We still are getting consistent blue screens and lock-ups on final capture.

When will the Windows 7 (64-bit) driver be available for the ScanJet G4050? I have about 10 non-functional scanners that I need to get working ASAP!

Thanks in advance for any information and help on this.

Paul W.

Student
rdbossjr
Message 2 of 33 (8,163 Views)

Re: Windows 7 RC and ScanJet G4050 Scanner

This is not just in Windows 7 RC it is also in RTM.  I have the MSDN RTM version installed and blue screens are normal when using the Vista driver for the G4050.  I have tried running in compatability mode and running as administrator.  I am an IT professional and I have tried many ways to make this work but the hp software just does not work.
Top Student
PaulW2
Message 3 of 33 (8,032 Views)

Here we are one day away from W7 launch, and I am still in limbo re a driver for a mainstream flatbed scanner from HP (G5040 series). Can someone from HP please enlighten me as to when the driver will be made available? This is totally unacceptable in my opinion!
Student
Forest
Message 4 of 33 (7,980 Views)

Windows 7 has now been released to the general public and we still do not have the software upgrades for this scanner from HP. Disappointing to say the least. I have the same problems with the HP software for their Office Pro Jet printer K5400. Surely HP can do better than this - Most of the smaller vendors have delivered - One would think that HP would too.

Over the years I have worked as an external consultant with a significant number of the larger corporations on evaluating and recommending both hardware and software at the executive level. I will be hard pressed now to recommend HP when they do not support their existing hardware through normal OS upgrades.

What effects me also effects my clients.

Forest Majors

Student
H_A_N_S_I
Message 5 of 33 (7,812 Views)

Are you still in need of help?

If so, reply. I can send directions and a download link...

That goes for anyone else that is having problems with the g4050

Student
merfam
Message 6 of 33 (7,745 Views)

I would appreciate directions to the link so that I may download a driver instead of talking to their support.
Honor Student
helzayat
Message 7 of 33 (7,622 Views)

You mention directions and a download link? I would appreciate those very much.
Tutor
papadude
Message 8 of 33 (6,922 Views)

Hi, Do you have a working solution for the Scanjet G4050 driver for use with Windows 7 (32 bit)? I have not been successful (after multiple attempts) to get the help or answers from HP Support. We all know that Windows 7 has been publicly available for many weeks now, but it has also been available for many months in Beta form. Are there issues between HP and Microsoft that are getting in the way of helping the consumers that have spent good money recently to purchase HP's product only to have it not work with the new OS? Thanks

Papadude
Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 33 (6,893 Views)

papadude wrote:

Hi, Do you have a working solution for the Scanjet G4050 driver for use with Windows 7 (32 bit)?

This page indicates G4050 drivers are available from Windows Update and will be available for download from HP.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Student
Howie1823
Message 10 of 33 (6,215 Views)

I am in need of Windows 7 drivers for the HP Scanjet G-4050.  Please help.

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation