Windows 7 and HP Color LaserJet 3600N
Replies (79)

Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 71 of 80 (1,828 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP Color LaserJet 3600N

Greetings,

HP has turned from once a reputable highly respected company into a corrupt, dishonest and greedy organization.

Various sellers were the 3600 color laser jet new nearly a year after Win 7 was released, yet the inconsiderate bean counters at HP did not see it proper the create and release proper drivers.   Although the emulation approach using Win XP did work, some of printers functions were not activated.

The highly mismanaged HP is not as profitable as it used to be.  The dishonest bean counter elected to cheat the unsuspecting consumers and in effect making the 3600n printer almost fully obsolete.  Very likely their corrupt thoughts were is to force the user buy new printers.

I did not cave it to this scam.  I elevated this issue to the CEO, refused to deal their useless public relations hacks and informed them that this matter will be publicized on the internet and local major stores.  Corrupt HP did not like the negative publicity idea and they replaced my printer for free with a newer model.

Folks, do not give in to these CROOKS. Fight back, raise hell and you may prevail.  This abuse by dysfunctional must not be allowed to continue.

Thank you.

Student
treynolds1
Message 72 of 80 (1,737 Views)

The driver that works for this printer on Win 7 is the Do4 USB Printer Driver

Here is the link find the driver http://www.drivermax.com/driver/update/DOT4/Microsoft/DOT4-USB-Printing-Support/1035564.

The driver is made by Microsoft

File Version 6.1.7600.16385

The driver has two parts which install on

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Dot4.sys

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\Dot4usb.sys

Top Student
CAPS2KR
Message 73 of 80 (1,569 Views)

While we're discussing the 3600n, how about addressing the grayscale (or lack therof) issue?  With win 7 and using recommended driver I cannot print in grayscale.  I get an all black background with white text.  I don't remember seeing an option for "print in negative" so this is obviously a flaw and an expensive one (to customers!!!!) at that!  What is the "fix" for this or do I need recommend another brand of printer to the county school system?

Top Student
CAPS2KR
Message 74 of 80 (1,568 Views)

[ Edited ]

MA5, that sounds like a good idea.  If I don't get something back soon I'll go that route as well.  Too bad, my family has been using HP for years but I refuse to be disrespected and expected to shell out more money because the company doesn't want to fix a problem.  I will let county school system I am with know of this issue because we can't afford to waste money on this issue.

What's more cost effective, HP?  Buying more color ink because we can't print in grayscale, having people all over the county printing needless pages in "negatrive" before they discover the problem, or dumping these and buying less exopensive printers with less expensive ink refills?  Hmmmm.

Intern
Intern
MA5
Message 75 of 80 (1,553 Views)

Hi CAPS2KR,

Sorry to hear that you too are an HP victim.  Like you, I have been an HP fan and product user. 
This however was many year ago when HP was an honorable honest company that cared for its customers and provided excellent customer care.  Regrettably, the present HP is a CORRUPT, DISHONEST and IMORAL company that cares only about selling their product and let the users fend for themselves.  The Laserjet 3600N is prime example of this allegation.

The corrupt HP elected not to support these printers for Windows 7. It is undeniable that the 3600N was being sold new without Windows 7 support, while new computers were loaded with Windows 7.  The ‘make do’ approach or fix to use Windows Vista or XP software was all but useless.  In my experience, HP’s first and major attempt to address this issue was through their Public Relation hacks that used double talk to solve a serious technical issue.  Clearly, this attempt was not intended to solve the real problem(s), rather to try and ‘convince’ me, that my printer was old technology 'obsolete' and no point trying to use it with Windows 7.  This HP attempt was what can be expected only from a dishonest, careless and certainly corrupt company that does not care to support its customer base.

Your question, what is more effective?  You have to be the judge based on your requirements and budget.  Clearly, HP would like you to buy a new printer, theirs of course.  My recommendation is that you look at the available competitive products and how they meet your needs.  The only way that HP will consider changing their corrupt business practices is when they start losing market share and customers.  However, if you do elect to purchase a new competitive printer, please make sure to inform HP’s CEO directly why you did it.  Recently I did exactly that.  You can find her name and address on the HP web site.  There is a good chance that some of her inconsiderate, bean counting cronies may be hiding the real issue from her.

Other options to save on you printing costs are to refill your cartridges (ink and laser).  Look on EBay for your printer and select good sellers refill kits for your printer(s).  I have refilled many cartridges with very good results and major savings.  If you think that gasoline is expensive, consider the ink cost when you buy new HP cartridges.  The cost is in the range of hundreds of Dollars per gallon.  If you elect to refill your own, follow the seller’s instructions, be careful not to make a mess (easy to do) and save a bunch of $$.
Good luck.

Top Student
CAPS2KR
Message 76 of 80 (1,502 Views)

Does this actually make it print in gray scale because I am doing OK otherwise w/driver I downloaded from HP. Just really ticked about useless gray scale option w/win7.
Honor Student
nofoolgod
Message 77 of 80 (1,220 Views)

excellent thanks soooo very much. 

Honor Student
nofoolgod
Message 78 of 80 (1,220 Views)

i just want you to know and anyone else who reads this that this really do works.  i am not a computer guru and i just follow this instructions and yes my color laser jet 3600dn worked perfectly.  GOD bless you.  wonderful

Student
Creations1120
Message 79 of 80 (787 Views)

This worked quickly for me. Thanks.

Provost
pcwizard
Message 80 of 80 (780 Views)

Hi Everyone,

Download and install the full solution software for this printer at the link below.

Full software solution for the HP Color LaserJet 3600 Printer series

HP LaserJet - Windows 7 support

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation