Question

Honor Student
qkjb
Message 1 of 11 (17,739 Views)

Windows 7 and HP psc 1317 All in One printer

[ Edited ]
A friend has a new laptop with Windows 7 installed. I am trying to install the software for his HP psc 1317 series all in one. I have down loaded the drivers etc from the HP site but despite running it as an administrator, both from the original disc and the download, it hangs up half way through telling me to run it as an administrator which I am. (The run as command no longer exists in Win 7) As the 1317 is an old unit but worked perfectly in XP do we have to throw it away which is a shame? I have gone into setup in the software and clicked to run as administrator but to no avail.
Message Edited by qkjb on 11-19-2009 02:53 AM
Dean
Vidya
Message 2 of 11 (17,751 Views)

Re: Windows 7

I am not sure about the driver you are trying to install...however here is the correct drivers for PSC 1317 with Windows 7 Support:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30219/al-75052-1/AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Honor Student
qkjb
Message 3 of 11 (17,724 Views)

Re: Windows 7 and HP psc 1317 All in One printer

Just wanted to say a proper thank you rather than click on a button. The software installed like a dream and now we wait until he gets home to plug the printer in and see if it works but I don't see why it shouldn't.

Thank you for your help and time.

Q.

Honor Student
qkjb
Message 4 of 11 (17,672 Views)

Sadly the issue is not resolved. Why my friend returned home and plugged in the printer (via the add a printer HP icon) he was told eventually to insert the disc and try again. Any further ideas at all would be appreciated.
Dean
Vidya
Message 5 of 11 (17,661 Views)

I would suggest you connect the printer via USB to the computer and run the download file using the earlier link. This will add the icon to Printers folder and not needed to be added manually.
I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
Student
milly
Message 6 of 11 (17,379 Views)

I Had The Same Problem , I downloaded The Update , Installed it no problem , it reconised the printer. but when i try to use the printer i cant. would be gratefull for help as i dont want to get rid of a good printer . cheers

Student
shaq5150
Message 7 of 11 (16,265 Views)

Re: Windows 7

Even despite all the problems that everyone appears to be having getting this "driver" to install and operate on Windows 7, is there no way to just get the drivers, without all the 300Mb+ of  unwanted supporting software, automatic updaters, etc., unasked-for (because I wasn't asked!) Yahoo web browser toolbar? A driver's a driver. A 300Mb+ download is not a driver.

Many thanks

BS

Student
jhammond2407
Message 8 of 11 (15,855 Views)

Right I have been trying this for days now and i have found the solution:

1. Click on the windows logo or start button > Devices and Printers

2. Here click on Add a Printer

3. Go through the options until you reach the part where you select your device, here I couldn't find it, so I clicked on the Windows Update button or something like that. After about a 10 minute wait, I got a wider choice of devices. Select HP, and scroll down to the bottom and around there find the one saying "hp psc 1310 series". I can't remember if it was in capitals or a mix or not, oh well look through them all.

4. Select it and carry on with the installation. Then plug in your printer, it will install the driver, and print a test page!

There you go, and none of the rubbish HP try and make you install. Happy Printing!

DKB Student
Student
DKB
Message 9 of 11 (12,699 Views)

Just used your solution to fix my problem in getting my HP psc 1317 to scan with Windows 7  - brilliant!

Student
meyesme
Message 10 of 11 (12,040 Views)

The other thing to be aware of is that it doesn't default to a USB connection, check and see if that needs changing too.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation