04-25-2011 08:54 PM
I recently upgraded two computers in my home to Windows 7 with SP1, I then downloaded the Windows 7 driver for my HP Officejet 6310 from the HP website. It will not install on either computer. In both cases, the file extracts fine and the process begins fine. Then, after I agree to the license terms, the progress bar says "Applying Updates" for a moment, and then the installation console disappears. I have tried all of the suggestions on the website (turning off antivirus software and/or firewalls, starting with startup programs disabled, etc. Nothing works; the installation always fails. Both computers have Kaspersky antivirus, but inasmuch as I have tried to install after disabling Kaspersky I don't think that is the problem.
Anyone have any ideas as to how I can properly install the software?
Thanks in advance.
04-26-2011 10:21 AM
There is an update to help with issues installing after upgrading. Please go to the link below:
Select your OS, download the "Print Software Patch" under the "Update" section.
Hope this helps,
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
04-26-2011 01:50 PM
Thanks, Andrew. Will this work if I did not upgrade from Vista but, rather, did a clean install of Windows 7? The previous XP driver worked just fine on XP (SP3) but the new driver won't install on Windows 7.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP All-in-One Printers - Driver Support for Linux OS