Question

Top Student
Bklyn
Message 1 of 3 (3,013 Views)

Windows 7 driver for HP Officejet 6310 will not install

I recently upgraded two computers in my home to Windows 7 with SP1,  I then downloaded the Windows 7 driver for my HP Officejet 6310 from the HP website.  It will not install on either computer.  In both cases, the file extracts fine and the process begins fine.  Then, after I agree to the license terms, the progress bar says "Applying Updates" for a moment, and then the installation console disappears.  I have tried all of the suggestions on the website (turning off antivirus software and/or firewalls, starting with startup programs disabled, etc.  Nothing works; the installation always fails.  Both computers have Kaspersky antivirus, but inasmuch as I have tried to install after disabling Kaspersky I don't think that is the problem.

Anyone have any ideas as to how I can properly install the software?

Thanks in advance.

Intern
HP_Andrew_K
Message 2 of 3 (2,965 Views)

Re: Windows 7 driver for HP Officejet 6310 will not install

bklyn,

There is an update to help with issues installing after upgrading. Please go to the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=1119598&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Select your OS, download the "Print Software Patch" under the "Update" section.

Hope this helps,

Andrew

Please know that I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

Top Student
Bklyn
Message 3 of 3 (2,952 Views)

Re: Windows 7 driver for HP Officejet 6310 will not install

Thanks, Andrew.  Will this work if I did not upgrade from Vista but, rather, did a clean install of Windows 7?  The previous XP driver worked just fine on XP (SP3) but the new driver won't install on Windows 7.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation