Question

Honor Student
Didot
Message 1 of 7 (11,395 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 7 driver solution for HP deskjet F4100

New HP computer with Windows 7.  Cannot install HP Deskjet F4100.  Any solution?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 7 (11,363 Views)

Re: Windows 7 driver solution for HP deskjet F4100

You can download the full featured driver from HP here.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Didot
Message 3 of 7 (11,359 Views)

Sorry, the driver is not the problem.  The disk witrh the software says it is only  for Windows 2000, XP, or Vista.  It does not support Windows 7.  Is there a download I can use to make it work?  Hate to have to buy a new printer when this one works fine.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 7 (11,351 Views)

Didot wrote:

Sorry, the driver is not the problem.  The disk witrh the software says it is only  for Windows 2000, XP, or Vista.  It does not support Windows 7.  Is there a download I can use to make it work?  Hate to have to buy a new printer when this one works fine.

What would make you think the driver is not the problem?  The download link I gave above is the equivalent of what you have on the CD, but  designed for Windows 7.  It contains what you need to install if you want the all-in-one to work in Windows 7.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
Didot
Message 5 of 7 (11,336 Views)

Thanks for the help.  Everything works.:smileyhappy:

Student
captainnor
Message 6 of 7 (7,405 Views)

Thank you so much for this site.  We got a new computer with Windows 7 yesterday and got the same error message when trying to install our F4135 with its original disc.  Thanks to you and the new download, the printer is working fine again!! 

Student
hulya78
Message 7 of 7 (2,515 Views)

Didot wrote:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation