Question

Student
PatrickS
Message 1 of 57 (18,403 Views)

Windows 7 drivers for CM1017

Hi all,

I have found drivers for the printing functions for the CM1017...but I also want to be able to scan images/document with my Windows 7 64bit machine.

Are there drivers available somewhere... or is there a way to use other OS drivers to make scanning possible with Windows 7.

If not...is there a release date available for the Windows 7 drivers for the CM1017 MFP

Patrick

Tutor
jvpulver2
Message 2 of 57 (18,405 Views)

Re: Windows 7 drivers for CM1017

Dear Patrick:

I am in the same boat. I contacted HP and there were not helpful. They could not give me any indication when the drivers will be ready or even if they are working on them. This is very frustrating as that printer is not very old.

I noticed the replacement printer for the CM1017, the CM1312nfi, has complete driver support.

For the same printer, I had trouble getting a Vista x64 driver. And Vista had been released for several years (I think).

Jeff

Student
mcclunge
Message 3 of 57 (18,368 Views)

Adding to the chorus.  I would like to be able to scan with my CM1017 MFP and am unable to do so with Vista or Windows 7.  Come on HP.  Take care of your users if you want us to continue to be loyal with our future purchases.  Respectfully, Eric

Top Student
shat
Message 4 of 57 (18,410 Views)

It sounds like HP owners are all in the same boat when it comes to trying to get and actually getting help from them.

I do not understand why they can not figure out fixes for all the problems the newer HP products cause.

Shar
Student
muddy1services
Message 5 of 57 (18,299 Views)

Count me in too!

I have an HP PC with Win7 64bit and need to use the scanner on the CM1017. 

HP - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GIVE US A UTILITY THAT WILL LET US USE THE SCANNER WITH WIN7 64BIT !!!!

Honor Student
captcoma
Message 6 of 57 (18,329 Views)

Hi there.. i need the win7 scan driver for my cm1017 too..

kind regards from switzerland

Tutor
squather
Message 7 of 57 (18,159 Views)

Add my voice to the crowd, this printer isn't that old.

Anybody think the my companion message to the 'Executive Team' will get a reply? (Not Likely, eh?)

Any suggestions on what to replace the 1017 with? The 1312 does not seem to be an improvement, partially because of awkward manual feeder access?

And finally, browsing the Printers listed at the HP Windows 7 site, I find several MFP printers listed as fully compatible with Windows 7, but checking the drivers page for said printer results in only the Generic Printer Driver being available (eg M2727)? What's going on here?

Fear is the mind killer...
Honor Student
SAMVm
Message 8 of 57 (18,156 Views)

Where did you find the printing drivers? I've been looking for them but i Haven't found them. I've got same problem, my laptop is has windows 7

Tutor
squather
Message 9 of 57 (18,151 Views)

You can find the printing drivers in the Drivers & Support forum, AKA "Universal Print Driver".

For Windows 7, Standard Edition -> here

For Windows 7, 64 Bit -> here

IMHO, unless you have a specific need that you know of, you'll want the PCL6 Drivers. Good Luck.

P.S. - The rest of us are groveling in hopes of HP releasing full software support - Scanner control, etc.

Fear is the mind killer...
Honor Student
GeneT
Message 10 of 57 (18,106 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm, Yes!!

Let me add my TOTAL and COMPLETE FRUSTRATION and dissappointment with HP on this issue.  Yesterday I began one of the easiest and smoothest Windows upgrades I've ever done.  I got Windows 7 64bit up and going, reinstalled all of my software (the ones that work in 64bit) and one by one installed all  my multitude of hardware without a hitch!  I quit for the evening last night feeling great about the upgrade and how easily things had gone in the transition from Vista to Win 7.

I came back to it this morning needing only to get my HP CM1017 MFP reinstalled and I'd be through!!  I thought "this will be a cinch" remembering how easily I'd downloaded and installed everything I needed for Vista some time ago.  Unfortunately I didn't check the forums before beginning.  I spent several hours trying all 3 of the offered driver packages only to discover I still had no TOOLBOX and/or scanning capability.  The HP Support download page tells you NOTHING about the toolbox and scan packages missing. Grrrrrrrrr.......

PLEEEEEEZE HP!!!!  I've been a loyal customer for years but am not quite ready to retire my CM1017 yet.  I paid many $$'s for it as in MUCHO DINERO sp?  I fully intend to spend my next several hundred dollar purchase on another HP if we little guys out here (your customers and loyal fans) are treated right on this Windows 7 deal.  If I don't see the drivers released soon you can bet I'll take my money elsewhere for my next purchase.  I do a LOT of scanning and am "dead in the water" now.  If I hadn't done such a fabulous build with this version of Windows 7 x64 I'd be tempted to revert to Vista but "that ain't happenin" just for an HP shortfall.

Please keep us happy and loyal out here.  I'll be waiting.....

Anyone who'd like to discuss this out there in cyberland or especially anyone at HP, please feel free to email me at:

[text removed for privacy]

Thanks!  Gene

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation