Question

Honor Student
bpblaw
Message 1 of 15 (41,853 Views)

Windows 7 support for Laserjet 1522nf

[ Edited ]

The driver support page for the 1522nf previously indicated that the printer would be supported at the end of November 2009.

It is now mid December, that page has been removed, and no driver is available.

Is there a driver available for this printer? If not, does HP intend to honor its commitment to provide a driver.

This situation leads me to reconsider ever purchasing another HP product again.  Windows 7 was available in early form to companies like HP since 2008.  It should not take over a year to develop a printer driver.

Student
petre2006
Message 2 of 15 (41,825 Views)

Re: Windows 7 support for Laserjet 1522nf

[ Edited ]

I follow what you've written, I have sold a half dozen of theese printers to customers of mine, and the exact same I read that it was due to be released new drivers in end November. I Told my customers, "'we'll emulate the PCL6 driver in the meantime, leaving out the scanning option, but the drivers will be available within this year, and I'll get back to you"..

Now, as mantioned, the whole W7 support is GONE! What's going on here HP!?

Honor Student
bpblaw
Message 3 of 15 (41,667 Views)

HP,

Do you have any intention of honoring your commitment?

If not, how do we go about obtaining a refund or an exchange for a product that is supported?

Thank you.

Master's Graduate
WendyM
Message 4 of 15 (41,661 Views)

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums. If you have feedback for HP about their products or services, please use the link below:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/wwcontact_us.html

This is a user-to-user community, and not a venue to receive direct help or feedback from HP. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a Private Message.

Thanks!

Wendy M - HP Support Forums Moderator

Click the Kudos star as a way to say "thank you" for helpful posts.
Be sure to come back and click the 'Accept as Solution' button on the post that solved your issue - it may help someone else.

Rules of Participation

Teacher
RandomRabbit
Message 5 of 15 (41,660 Views)

I believe the download for the 1522 is available here: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=18...

This full software solution provides print, fax and scan functionality. This is not a software upgrade for versions of the software for Microsoft Windows XP or Vista. This software solution download is specific to Microsoft Windows 7 only.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Student
spandey4u
Message 6 of 15 (29,581 Views)

i want printer drivers Windows 7 support for Laserjet 1522nf.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 7 of 15 (29,476 Views)

There are full solution Windows 7 drivers on the hp.com website (see below link).

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3442754&...

For the full solution: fax, scanner, driver: You will need to scroll down and look under software to download the correct drivers for your country. If you are located in the United States, you will need the first download under the software heading titled, HP LaserJet M1522 MFP Series Full Solution AM-EMEA1.

If you want drivers only, no fax or scan functionality, then you want to download one of the UPD's listed under the driver section.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Student
Message 8 of 15 (23,486 Views)

download hp laserjet m1522nf for windows 7 32 bits

Honor Student
jfd2002
Message 9 of 15 (16,275 Views)

I have installed the full solution package for my M1522nf, but the Fax Setup Utility does not work. It tells me the device is either disconnected or powered off, which is not the case. Everything else works fine, but the fax. Can someone offer advice on how to fix this?

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 10 of 15 (16,044 Views)

Hello jfd2002,

The product you have is a commercial printer. I suggest posting in the forum for HP Business Support for a better chance at finding a solution.

Here is the link to the Commercial Laserjet board:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-LaserJet/bd-p/bsc-413

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation