Question
Windows 8.1 and HP 8500 issues
Replies (16)

Top Student
rgjinc
Message 11 of 17 (381 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 and HP 8500 issues

That did not work. I have the A909g also and this link is the same one I have been using with no success. It gets to the last step and just churns and churns and finally says  Fatal Error during installation. All I end up with is just a printer driver. I no longer have the Solution Center and I have to Fax and Scan using Windows Fax and Scan which is just awful. I am running Windows 8.1 64 bit and this is really frustrating. I hate to buy another brand printer as I have had good success for years with a variety of HP products. I am just getting really tired of trying and trying with NO results.

Top Student
UBFGUY
Message 12 of 17 (375 Views)

I could not have said it better!

Student
rick323
Message 13 of 17 (352 Views)

I have the exact same problem with a HP 6500 and Windows 8.1 operating system.  Very frustrating, I've spent hours trying to get the software to install.........install just hangs up and never finishes.

HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 14 of 17 (311 Views)

Hi UBFGUY, rgjinc and rick323,

Sorry to hear the software is still not installing. I have done some research on this issue and have found some documents that may resolve your issue.

This document is for After You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8, HP Solution Center No Longer Works Correctly. Try these steps to see if this resolves the issue.

This is a document for A 'Fatal Error' (MSI error) Displays on the Computer During HP Software Installation in Windows that should hopefully resolve your issue.

This document is for The Progress Bar on the Software Installation Stops or Stalls this may help with the installation as well.

These steps should work the same for the Officejet 6500 as well Rick.

Thank you for your patience, let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
rgjinc
Message 15 of 17 (293 Views)

It has been way too long to go back and try to uninstall Windows 7 drivers.  Everything worked well with Windows 8 but only after I installed Windows 8.1 and then tried to install HP drivers did I start having a problem. I lost the document solution center and it does not come with the latest driver. I no longer have the original CD that came with the printer so my only choice is to download the driver that HP says i need with Windows 8.1 64 bit and HP Officehet Pro 8500 Wireless. I can print but like I said, the Document Solution program is gone and i have to Fax and Scan using the Windows program and it works horribly. But at least it works which is more than I can say about the HP product. Thank You for your suuggestions but I dont see nothing here that fixes my dilema.

Top Student
UBFGUY
Message 16 of 17 (288 Views)

My sentiments exactly.  rgjinc, I downlaoded a program called "Not Another PDF Scanner 2" and it works great for me.  You may want to give it a try.

Top Student
rgjinc
Message 17 of 17 (280 Views)

I downloaded the scan program, it is awesome. Thank You and Boo Hoo to HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation