Question

Top Student
Starina_Henk
Message 1 of 6 (396 Views)

Windows 8.1 pro upgrade stops drivers

I have a top-quality All-in-One device Photosmart C7183 which has been working for a long time without problems, including a transition to Windows 8 pro. But, after applying the upgrade for Windows 8.1 pro, all the drivers and softs stopped working, it was hardly to delete them manually to attempt  to reinstall, and (!) the associated driver soft file AIO_CDA_FSW_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe does NOT RUN at all!

Whether you can advise me anything, please?

HP Support Agent
MissTeriLynn
Message 2 of 6 (354 Views)

Re: Windows 8.1 pro upgrade stops drivers

Hi there,

I understand you've been having issues with your Photosmart C7183 since upgrading to Windows 8.1. I'm sorry to hear you've been having problems but will do my best to help out.

Have you been able to get the software to reinstall? If not, I would suggest deleting the software package from your computer, as well as clearing your Temp folder to make sure nothing is left behind. Once those two steps are done, I would recommend restarting your computer.

Once your PC is restarted, please download and run the HP Printer Install Wizard first to see if it can find and install the drivers for you. If it says your printer is not supported, please download the drivers from HPs website as you had before.

Hope this helps, have a great day!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post resolved your issue, as it will help others find the solution faster :smileyhappy:
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

**MissTeriLynn**
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Starina_Henk
Message 3 of 6 (319 Views)

Thank you for your reply.

I have deleted all associated TEMP directories, I've installed and used Microsoft install clean-up utility (there were tails of the previous version installation) - the up-to-date installation file doesn't run. Nevertheless, I've installed the printer driver embedded in Windows 8.1. The printer operates, but the scanner - no. No driver was detected. Where can I get the scanner driver? Without the service programs I can manage.

Student
sinkansen
Message 4 of 6 (285 Views)

I have exactly same problems and nothing suggested has worked. Windows 8.1 is a disaster! Tried to download same programs from HP site  for windows 7 (my fall back PC) but wizard doesn't work (cancels dowload just before all bytes are downloaded) and downloaded file w/o wizard does not install (breaks down with fault message).

Who has found solution? Already days w/o printer.

Top Student
Starina_Henk
Message 5 of 6 (255 Views)

I could get nothing from the native HP software and did as follows: I have downloaded from Internet and installed a generic printer driver with the Win 8 printer setup utility . For support of operation of the scanner I have installed excellent program VueScan. All operates correctly. The only that I have to do manually is sending a fax .

I have in my home network two more Sony Vaio computers and all of them work with the All-in One device through Wi-Fi without problems, using the native HP software. But they have another Operation Systems: Win 7 and Vista.

P.S.

I tried to install scanning programs from HP, offered in the Shop. They were installed, but did not find out the scanner!:smileyvery-happy:

Honor Student
Berora
Message 6 of 6 (193 Views)

Hi Starina,

I'm so glad I came across your post. I've spent nearly 2 weeks trying to make my Win 8.1 laptop see the scanner in my HP  Photosmart premium 390g, tried installing the full feature driver rom the HP website with and without the wizard, uninstalled and reinstalled endless times, run HP solutions trouble shooter, network diagnostics, you name it...  I even run a system restore on my new laptop because it got so badly messed up in the proccess!  Now I know it's not going to work with the official software, so I am going to go for your suggested solution. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation