Question

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 1 of 2 (10,945 Views)
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 Compatibility with HP Printers

Are you having issues getting your HP printer to work with Windows 8?

Many HP printers have drivers available and have full functionality in Windows 8.  However, this is not the case with all HP printers.

Some older models were not carried over from previous versions of Windows to Windows 8. “The majority of HP printers not supported in Windows 8 are more than seven years old.”

There is a document produced by HP with the full list of compatible models with Windows 8.  Check the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03168175&lc=en&cc=us&destPage=document&dlc=en

As well, HP has produced documentation on which models will not be supported in Windows 8.  To see this list, check the link below:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c03457812&cc=ad&dlc=en&lc=en&jumpid=reg_r1002_us...

Once you open these pages, you can find the series printer (deskjet, officejet, etc) and open this tab.  When the tab expands it will list the printers support or not supported, depending on which link you click on.

If your printer is not supported in Windows 8, please consider upgrading to one of the many supported HP printers.

Happy printing everyone!

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 2 (10,944 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Compatibility with HP Printers

Hope this helps, everyone.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation