Question

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 1 of 15 (12,490 Views)

Windows 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Printer Drivers

[ Edited ]

The following are links to resolve FAQs for Windows 8 printing and setup issues.  

Windows 8 Compatibility with HP Printers by jason_h provides links to HP printers that are or will be supported in Windows 8, and also links to HP printers that will not be supported in Windows 8.

Why Won't my Printer Print with Windows 8 by Shane_R has information on checking compatibility with printers and Windows 8 and some additional information on delayed Laserjet support in Asia-Pacific and Japan for some products.

Windows 8 Solutions for HP Laserjet Printers, MFP's, All-in-ones and Scanjets by AuntieEm has a number of links for products supported now, those with delayed support and those that will not be supported.  

Windows 8 Driver update for LaserJet p2014/2014n, cp1215/cp1217, m1120/m1120n MFP, m1319f MFP by AuntieEm has information on using Windows 7 drivers for products with delayed support for Windows 8, and lists some issues that may occur using the Windows 7 drivers.

Using HP Printers in Windows 8 by jason_h has a link to a document that gives detailed steps on how to use HP printers in Windows 8.

Windows 8 Drivers by jason_h has information on various driver types: in-OS drivers, Windows Update drivers and Full Feature drivers, how they differ and how to find the drivers.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 15 (12,485 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Printer Drivers

[ Edited ]

If you still have an issue after  reading the links above then please post your question as a new post rather than posting here or in one of the referenced posts.

For the best results in getting answers to your questions the post "Want Good Answers?  Ask Good Questions!" may help.

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

Tutor
Brian69
Message 3 of 15 (9,887 Views)

Many thanks to Jason H for providing such valuable information, and also Bob Headrick for providing a comprehensive list of links in this World of information. (Y)
Honor Student
Ken35
Message 4 of 15 (9,468 Views)

I have found the the HP ENVY 4500 all-in-one printer is not compatible with the Windows 8 based Surface using the RTS operation system, even though it is advertised as a smartphone and tablet printer.  What a bummer.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 5 of 15 (9,461 Views)

Ken35 wrote:

I have found the the HP ENVY 4500 all-in-one printer is not compatible with the Windows 8 based Surface using the RTS operation system, even though it is advertised as a smartphone and tablet printer.  What a bummer.

The Windows RT systems can be used with the PCL3 drivers as described in the post here.

Honor Student
Ken35
Message 6 of 15 (9,437 Views)

Thank you for a solution.  I manged to contat the HP Customer Support and received their solution.  HP recommended that I use the HP Photosmart Prem C310 series class drivers to drive the HP ENVY 4500 on my Windows 8 Surface RT. 

Tutor
Brian69
Message 7 of 15 (9,424 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I've got 3 replies to the above post which is not mine at all.

Would someone be kind enough to sort this please. Many thanks.

Brian69

Student
soaydemir
Message 8 of 15 (9,141 Views)

I have an F4180 and my driver CD is pretty old. I have bought a notebook with win8 on it. I have downloaded the driver for the printer. The notebook can control the printer (e.g. ink level), I can have scans but I cannot have print-outs. Is there any way I can overcome this problem? Thank you in advance for your help.

Tutor
Brian69
Message 9 of 15 (9,130 Views)

Hi everyone,

I have now got 4 replies to the above post which is not mine at all.

Would someone be kind enough to sort this please. Many thanks.

Brian69

Retired
Antonius_L
Message 10 of 15 (9,104 Views)

Hello Brian69,

When you say you have 4 replies to the above post which is not yours, what exactly are you referring to?

Any additional information you can provide would be appreciated.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation