Question
Windows 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Printer Drivers
Replies (14)

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 11 of 15 (2,044 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Printer Drivers

Brian69 posted an off-topic post in the thread here which subscribed him to the thread  Since then there have been other off topic posts in the thread, which @Brian69 gets a copy of in email.  He can unsubscribe from this thread if he wishes.

It may also make sense to move the off topic posts to new threads and lock this thread.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
Brian69
Message 12 of 15 (2,026 Views)

Hello Antonius_L

Approximately a month ago, I posted an opinion piece in the HP Lounge & Cafe Discussion Board. :smileyhappy: My post was about one of HP's new all-in-one Printers, (which I do not own).

However, I have now recieved four updates to an OP about Windows 8 Drivers for the Printer I originally posted my opinion piece about.

As I do not have this particular Printer, and did not post any query on the topic, the Updates I am recieving on the subject are not really relevant to me.

I would be very grateful if Updates on a question I did not ask could be stopped. :smileyindifferent:

Many thanks for your help with this matter.

Brian 69

Student
EARLYRISER
Message 13 of 15 (1,029 Views)

About 13 months ago I bought an HP desktop with Windows 8, and immediately ran into problems printing with my HP Officejet series 3600 all-in-one. The original installation CD was not useable, so I turned to HP support for downloadable fixes. The ones on this forum posted by jason h were herlpful in at least getting the printer up and running. But many reoccurring errors still had to be worked around. I tried removing and reinstalling many times so I could almost do the steps, eyes closed. Finally, the last inkjet cartridge installation closed down printing with a hung up printing job that would not cancel with any amont of printer reinstallations. Changing cartridges didn't work either. I tried every fix I could find on the internet. Then, last night, I noticed a google entry under the big "e" emblem, and it gave may an idea. Since all of my Windows/HP downloading had been with Firefox browser, perhaps  reinstallation with Explorer would do better. Bingo! The steps found in jason h's posts went through all the way, giving me smooth printing superior to my old os. Was it luck, or is there a built in stumbling block in Windows fixes? Check it out. 

Honor Student
MarkB-Ret
Message 14 of 15 (884 Views)

Officejet Pro L7780 Software/Drives won't load in Windows 8

I just bought an HP ENVY TouchSmart 15t-j100 and was setting it up but ran into trouble with my Officejet Pro L7780 while downloading the windows 8 driver.  I ran the current Scan Doctor and got the same result.  Scan doctor finds the printer and downloads the same software I did manually.  Software download goes OK but while running the installation, in the "checking system" step it fails with the message "The system can't find the file specified"  ...Help!

I also have an HP LazerJet Pro 400 MFP attached to the network and that loaded fine.

Mark

Student
la90043
Message 15 of 15 (848 Views)

Hi I updated to the new window 8.1 Now my HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus has issues.

when I trouble shoot from printer properties it says " some usb 2.0 devices are incompatible with usb 3.0. Plugging them in to a usb 2.0 port can fix the problem.

Can someone help with this please.

Respectfully: Rob

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation