Question

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 1 of 13 (11,271 Views)

Windows Server 2008 R2 & Officejet Pro K8600 Printer - WHICH DRIVER ?!

What driver do I use for Windows Server 2008 R2 and HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer?

I'm trying to find the correct driver for Server 2008 R2 for an HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer. This is a large format (tabloid or 11 x 17) inkjet printer. Either I haven't found the correct driver, or I haven't properly discovered the correct combination of settings to use to fix the problem I'm having. The problem is that every time I try to print a document that is 11 x 17, it ends up being printed as if the paper size is 8.5 x 11.

I've seen many people have similar problems where everything worked fine when they were using XP, but when they "upgraded" to Windows 7, they can't print 11 x 17 any more.

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 2 of 13 (11,256 Views)

Windows Server 2008 R2 & Officejet Pro K8600 Printer - WHICH DRIVER ?!

What driver do I use for Windows Server 2008 R2 and HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer?

I'm trying to find the correct driver for Server 2008 R2 for an HP Officejet Pro K8600 Printer. This is a large format (tabloid or 11 x 17) inkjet printer. Either I haven't found the correct driver, or I haven't properly discovered the correct combination of settings to use to fix the problem I'm having. The problem is that every time I try to print a document that is 11 x 17, it ends up being printed as if the paper size is 8.5 x 11.

I've seen many people have similar problems where everything worked fine when they were using XP, but when they "upgraded" to Windows 7, they can't print 11 x 17 any more.

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 3 of 13 (11,254 Views)

What driver for Officejet Pro K8600 Printer for Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 4 of 13 (11,251 Views)

Officejet Pro K8600 -> What drivers for Windows Server 2008 R2 ?

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 5 of 13 (11,252 Views)

I will keep posting until answered: Officejet Pro K8600 Win Server 2008

I will keep posting this question once per day, every day until I get an answer.

I've seen many people have similar problems where everything worked fine when they were using XP, but when they "upgraded" to Windows 7, they can't print 11 x 17 any more

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 6 of 13 (11,230 Views)

I will keep posting this question until I get an answer

I will keep posting this question once per day, every day until I get an answer.

I've seen many people have similar problems where everything worked fine when they were using XP, but when they "upgraded" to Windows 7, they can't print 11 x 17 any more

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 7 of 13 (11,222 Views)

Re: I will keep posting this question until I get an answer

Use the Windows Update driver as described in this thread you posted one of your many duplicate posts in: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/Officejet-K8600-and-Windows-7-Professio...

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 8 of 13 (11,200 Views)

> Use the Windows Update driver as described in this thread

There was *NO* coherent solution or driver described in that thread.

And why would Microsoft somehow have the correct driver for this printer -and NOT HP?

This is an HP printer we're talking about, not a Microsoft printer.

Since when does Microsoft write printer drivers?

Again, why can't anyone from HP point me to the correct Server 2008 R2 driver for the K8600?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 9 of 13 (11,198 Views)

I am getting a bit tired of the endless posts with the same repeated question, but the thread I pointed out does have a solution to the issue you raise.  The driver is written by HP, provided by HP to Microsoft and Microsoft distributes it through Windows Update. 

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Tutor
sumguy98
Message 10 of 13 (10,896 Views)

[ Edited ]

[text removed]

> but the thread I pointed out does have a solution to the issue you raise.

No it does not have the solution.  The guy that posted that so-called solution did not give enough details as to how to replicate his solution, and he disappeard right after he posted his so-called answer, never to be heard from again.

> The driver is written by HP, provided by HP to Microsoft and Microsoft distributes it through Windows Update.

And what if I can't get it to be delivered or offered to me via Windows Update?

If you know so much about this, then post the driver version number that is delivered by Microsoft.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation