mf19078
Message 1 of 5 (1,960 Views)

c7180 all in one

cannot install c7180 photosmart wireless printer into dell laptop
Intern
Manjunath
Message 2 of 5 (1,933 Views)

Re: c7180 all in one

Can you please tell me what is the problem ?

And also the Operating system.

Regards.

Manjunath

Life is colorless....

Honor Student
arateus
Message 3 of 5 (1,809 Views)

I have the same problem.  I was running Vista on a new laptop and when I updated to Windows 7, my printer would no longer work.  I tried the W7 patch which was unsuccessful so I uninstalled all the HP printer software, then download the W7 full install from the HP website.  It would get as far as letting me select the printer from the "found network printers" page, seemed to run through all the network diagnostics okay, then gave me a "printer setup has failed to complete" error on the "printer setup" page.  I let it put the "add a device" icon on the desktop, but it still fails at the same spot every time.  I had similar issues on my XP machine when I first bought the printer and am sorely disappointed in HP because of it (to this day I can only print on that laptop which renders the All-in-One device relative useless).  It seemed to run fine on Vista, now here I am again with installation issues on W7.  I have checked WIN Firewall and all the HP files seem to have properly registered and are allowed.  If I go through a normal "add printer" install, I am able to find, select, and install the printer without problem but the HP software (Solution Center) still refuses to recognize the printer is installed.   I would appreciate someone from HP support stepping up to the plate and offering some guidance on a problem that has me about ready to swear off all HP products forever.  Thank you.
Honor Student
cookie123
Message 4 of 5 (1,770 Views)

I ran into the same issues and tried to solve them in the same way as Arateus.  I was able to get beyond the lack of computer recognition by working from the computer side to have a new driver recognized.  Now, the printer will print all testing documents sent from the computer but the printer fails to print any documents or prints.  The documents are sent to the printer que and are immediately deleted from the que. 
Honor Student
arateus
Message 5 of 5 (1,768 Views)

I'm not entirely sure what I did, but I was finally able to get it to install.  After posting this, I went back to install the printer using "add printer" from the "printers and faxes" menu off the start button.  Previously I used the "recommended" driver and this allowed me to access the printer through the web address even though the HP software ("Solution Center") still failed to recognize the printer was there.  This time, instead of selecting the "recommended" driver, I selected the other option.  I don't remember what the other option was, but I believe it was to search for the (presumably non-windows) driver.  Almost as an afterthought, I decided to try running the HP install (fron the icon left on the desktop after the failed HP software intall) and to my surprise it finished installing.  The HP Solution Center finally recognized the printer was there and I was able to access the print/scan/etc. function through the HP software interface.  All seemed to be well until I tried to print an MS Word document and nothing would come out.  Fortunately while searching for help on this install problem, I also stumbled onto another post for failing to print from MS Office.  I followed the instructions to reinstall the driver on that post (printers and faxes, right click on printer and select properties, advanced folder, new driver) and everything FINALLY appears to be working -- no thanks to HP other than providing this forum.  Given the horrible experiences I have no had with an HP Pavillion desktop (which failed so many times I finally threw it in the trash -- literally), an HP iPAQ, and this printer, not to mention the horrible abuse I've suffered at the hands of HP phone "support," I think its safe to say I will never buy anything made by HP again!  (Meanwhile between home and work I've had 5 Dell laptops and all have been gems, not to mention fantastic phone support for the rare problem I did encounter.)  Goodbye HP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation