Question

Honor Student
tones99
Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)

c7250 firmware issues?

I have a Photsmart C7250.

I power it on and power it off using the front panel button as recommended.

However, it often powers itself up spontaneously and flashes all the lights on the front panel with an error code

B851FE84

I have to pull the plug to reset.

After tat, powering it on takes multiple tries. It comes up with errors and required cycling the power switch until I can finally print.

Is there a fix or a new version of the firmware I can install? 

(I tried clearing the error using the *# trick with the keyboard, but it does not help).

Many thanks

Tony

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 2 of 4 (93 Views)

Re: c7250 firmware issues?

Hi tones99,

I would like to help answer your inquiry. There is no firmware update available; however, I do recommend if you do not already have the printer connected to a wall outlet to do so. Using a surge protector can cause errors.

Issues when Connected to an Uninterruptible Power Supply/Power Strip/Surge Protector

In this document you will see,

ISSUE:

Problems or issues may arise when an HP LaserJet series printer is connected to an uninterruptible power supply (UPS), a power strip, or a surge protector

This is not limited to Laserjet printers.

As for the *# trick, I am not sure I understand, there is a reset you can try but it is not *#. I will send you a PM (Private Message) to explain. Before we begin, please review the HP Privacy Statement.

This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and of the choices you can make about the way information about you and your online activity is collected and how that information is used. This statement is readily available on our HP.com home page and at the bottom of every HP web page.

There are an increasing number of posts in this forum and elsewhere in the internet with the steps to do a resets on different printers.  The reset itself will sometimes fix problems, so the reset is not the issue. 

Some resets require you to enter button combinations to open special menus on your printer that you were never meant to access.  These special menus are used by the developers and support personnel for debugging issues, but they are not meant for untrained users and can have unintended results.  One wrong button push and you no could no longer have a printer, but instead a pricey paper weight.  To top it off, if you do happen to "brick" the printer this way, it is considered customer induced damage, and voids the warranty automatically. These resets are only meant to be given out and used as a last resort, and under direct instruction of a HP tech support representative. They should not be done lightly!

Printer Resets: What You Should Know

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
tones99
Message 3 of 4 (67 Views)

I connected the printer directly to an outlet instead of a power bar, and it still goes into all lights flashing mode overnight, consistently.

The power-up solution you proposed did not resolve the issue.

The printer is very difficult to use since it does not power-up reliably and often takes multiple cycles to become usable. after which it fails by itself.

I am a bit frustrated.

Wondering what else could be causing this.

Tony

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)

Hi tones99,

If the "The power-up solution" you are referring to is the instructions I sent in the private message, and the issue remains unresolved, I suggest calling HP. HP may be able to offer you a discount on a newer model. At this point we have exhausted all I can offer.

The number to call HP is 1-800-474-6836 for Canada and US, or you can Contact HP Worldwide.

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation