Question

Student
tkarst
Message 1 of 4 (379 Views)

cannot connect hp pavilion mp-1035 to hp deskjet 3520

I just purchased a new HP Pavilion mp-1035 laptop.  I am trying to install the HP Deskjet 3520 e-All-In-One Series printer using a USB cable.  I can get the printer installed but I get an error saying the drivers are not installed.  I have tried multiple ways to download the driver but have been unsucessful both thru the internet and thru the CD that was with the printer.  I have a Sony Laptop and I was able to sucessfully install the Deskjet 3520 and print from it.  Help.  Very frustrated with one HP product not communicating with another HP product.

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

Re: cannot connect hp pavilion mp-1035 to hp deskjet 3520

Hello tkarst,

I want to see what I can do to help, so I have a few questions:

1. What operating system is on your HP laptop?

2. Once the printer shows as "installed" on the HP laptop, does it show up under Devices/printers in Control panel? If it does, does it show as online or offline?

3. When you installed the printer on the Sony laptop, did you use the same USB cable?

:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
algodon15
Message 3 of 4 (183 Views)

Laptop is Pavilion g series           Windows 7

Had printer exchanged recently, didn't work properly

installation CD for first printer couldn't be found, therefore installation not possible

copying possible

transfer of photos etc from laptop n o t possible, why?

Why didn't exchanged printer refer to installatin CD of first printer???

I'm desolate!

Know English but n o t computer language and instructions!

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (151 Views)

Hi algodon15

Please clarify want you need.

Here is a link to the drivers for the Deskjet 3520e.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=5162506&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation